Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publishing of PM on a forum by a Mod.

Options
  • 06-04-2016 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Something I've seen this evening, a moderator choosing to post word for word what a poster has said to him via pm. It's a pretty trivial pm but that is not the point, at all.

Also another pretty classless move is getting a petty dig in and locking the thread again giving poster no right of reply. Reported the post, so I know the moderator has seen my complaint but the PM contents remain. So they obviously have no issue with it. It's called a Private Message for a reason. Wrong for any poster, extra sh*tty that a mod would do it.

Last post:
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056526627/15/#post99308254

So is this acceptable?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No, that's not allowed. Have you reported it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Spear wrote: »
    No, that's not allowed. Have you reported it?

I reported the post, so presumably the mod who wrote it gets the report, though all mods can see my reported post as you know if they wish to see it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

All the mods of the forum in question, including cat mods are notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - No it is not. Private messages may only be quoted publicly in Dispute Resolution Forum.

That post has been snipped now & a reminder will be sent regarding the deal with quoting PMs.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

To be fair, the op made the issue of it in his post but the mod played the player not the ball in this case.
    The mods facts were correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

There is obviously history with this poster and mod, but I don't think the mod has covered themselves in glory with their dealings here.

PM should always remain private unless in a dispute resolution and pertanent to the DRP.

Anyway, maybe I need some perspective but that really wound me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've discussed this with the Mod, & it is clear now what the rules are for when it is or is not permissible to quote PMs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement