Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Voice recognition in the Leaf

• 06-04-2016 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭

Mention is made of a voice recognition settings , but I can see no such menu.

The voice navigation " address " command defaults to the UK ! And hence can't search for Irish towns

Can that be changed ( this is seperate to the touch screen search which can be set to Ireland )

There's so much in this car software that's very kludgey

Comments

Can't help you there, with my old 2015 haha.

Give the Google send to car a bash, it's really handy, though you can only do this from a web browser and not from your phone which is a shame.

It might work out a lot better when you're used to it.

Car manufacturers rarely get this right, I wish they'd just use Android, far far better OS.

The MY15 voice recognition is pants and the only way to have any luck with it is to speak towards the mic near the rear view mirror and use a fake British accent (I'm native Finnish speaker and the system doesn't like my accent at all, probably not a surprise really). I haven't even bothered trying to enter an address using it.

The MY16 should have a better mic at least but it really sucks if you can't change the search to point to the current country especially on a low range EV which probably won't do many European road trips in its lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Well on my 30 kW my16. The voice recognition is fine , quite impressive really and I use it all the time

The inability to switch it to Ireland from to the uk is annoying and means you cant use voice to search for addressed

The voice recognition in my 2015 is perfectly fine, you just have to speak clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RunnerIE

BoatMad wrote: »
    Well on my 30 kW my16. The voice recognition is fine , quite impressive really and I use it all the time

The inability to switch it to Ireland from to the uk is annoying and means you cant use voice to search for addressed

I'm having the same problem and can't find where to change it - has anyone figured it out yet? Tks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement