Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transaction Fees SMS

Options
  • 06-04-2016 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi,
    I received an SMS yesterday (not for the 1st time) stating "Good news! Zero transaction fees in March because you kept at least EUROS in your account throughout the last fee quarter. Thanks for banking with BOI"
    However, when I check my account, I was charged current account fees towards the end of March.

Can you explain the discrepancy here?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,
    I received an SMS yesterday (not for the 1st time) stating "Good news! Zero transaction fees in March because you kept at least EUROS in your account throughout the last fee quarter. Thanks for banking with BOI"
    However, when I check my account, I was charged current account fees towards the end of March.

Can you explain the discrepancy here?

Thanks
    Hi aidanthome, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

Apologies if you received this message incorrectly. When you have over €3000 in your account for the full fee quarter you will qualify for the No Transaction fee offer however please note that you will still be charged the €5 Maintenance fee for the quarter. 

If your fees were over the amount of €5 and you feel you have been incorrectly charged, please send your query on 365 Online. Select the Online Service Desk and the Ask a Question option for one of our colleagues to look into this for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement