Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a cheap phone...

Options
  • 06-04-2016 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Like the title says I'm looking for a cheap phone to go on Tesco Mobile PAYG.
    I'll be using in mainly for taking pics, surfing (using the WiFi at home as signal round here is almost non existent), whats app, nothing too serious.

I happened to be in Tesco and saw a Huawei Y625 for €70.
    5" screen, 8MP camera, CPU 4 x 1.2 GHz, Battery Standby Time - Up To 250 Hours.

Has anyone any experience with these phones?
    Are there better ones out there for roughly the same price?

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I haven't used this exact model, but I've had 3 Huawei phones from this price range and they've all been excellent workhorses. Great build quality, performance is grand.

The camera will be adequate but not up to the quality of a premium phone or a stand alone camera (indoor shots will be dark, motion shots will be blurry) but that's the case with the vast majority of phone cameras, they simply don't have the lens or the flash to take low light or high speed photographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Larry Bee

Thanks for the reply - I got the phone yesterday and its great.
    I know you won't be getting a top of the range phone for €60, but its just what I want.

John

Advertisement