Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Heffernan 5k 17th May '16 @ 8pm

Options
  • 06-04-2016 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

Nearing that time of year again where runners flock to run that magical 5k route that seems to spit out fast 5k times for fun. Entry open now on-line via Sportstiming at €12, great race for fast times and great depth of field to help tow you along.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

On my must do this year....got a big PB last year at it so hoping for a repeat performance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Terenure is 2 days before hand. If Fletch is doing Enfield - I might stick to Terenure :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Quick bump, just over a week to go to one of the fastest 5ks in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

fletch wrote: »
    On my must do this year....got a big PB last year at it so hoping for a repeat performance :)

Sub 17 - I might try jumping on the Fletch / GOR train depending on how a tempo goes tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I have bumped Terenure in favour of this. The explanation will appear on my log in due course.

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »
    I have bumped Terenure in favour of this. The explanation will appear on my log in due course.

Good stuff, means two from the stable will be hammering TbL over 5k next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

After getting a 20:07 at Le Cheile at the weekend, I need to get my first sub 20 in 4 years, so off to Enfield I go. Will be on the beer on Sunday though:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

tang1 wrote: »
    Good stuff, means two from the stable will be hammering TbL over 5k next week!!

Oh no you didn't.....☺

Quality mind games there.... Surely there must be doubt creeping into TbLs head at this stage ☺

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Oh no you didn't.....☺

Quality mind games there.... Surely there must be doubt creeping into TbLs head at this stage ☺

As you said yourself, he'll pull something out of the bag!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

Can't wait for this. It's a local one for me as well, which is handy. I got a pb last year (broke it again in November) so hoping to get another this year. As close to 20:30 as possible would be outstanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Does anyone know if you can sign up on the night for this?

Thanks

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can sign up on the night for this?

Thanks

Yeah they take registrations on the night.

Yeah they take registrations on the night.

Perfect. See yas there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Anybody know the bib collection location/time for this? Can't find any details online and there is no mention on the registration email.

Seems to be the Hamlet Court hotel in johnstownbridge.

anyone know what the parking situation is like, hotel seems very small, is there somewhere else to go locally if full?

I don't remember any problems with parking last year...it's a fairly big car park

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    anyone know what the parking situation is like, hotel seems very small, is there somewhere else to go locally if full?

Normally no issue with getting parking in the hotel, be warned the start is a good mile out the Edenderry Rd.

Normally no issue with getting parking in the hotel, be warned the start is a good mile out the Edenderry Rd.

So it's park the car at the hotel, collect number, then warm up to the start line? I assume then that it's not a good idea bringing bag/gear to start. I imagine there isn't a bag drop facility at the start.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No, the finish is near where you collect the number so leave your bag there and jog up to the startline as a warmup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

How much is the entry fee for this race if you just turn up tonight?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

€15 by the looks of things...

12439368_874158379354985_125208797236398228_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

adrian522 wrote: »
    €15 by the looks of things...

12439368_874158379354985_125208797236398228_n.jpg

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Guess we can put the sun cream away for this one :(. Just hop the road surface won't be too slippy - although the pace I run at that shouldn't be an issue!

Guess we can put the sun cream away for this one :(. Just hop the road surface won't be too slippy - although the pace I run at that shouldn't be an issue!

Live about ten minutes from the start & the rain is coming down sideways here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Live about ten minutes from the start & the rain is coming down sideways here!!!

Better to rain now than later :D

Good, hope it cools things down a bit.

Once sideways is on our back I don't mind

fletch wrote: »
    Once sideways is on our back I don't mind

Wouldn't mind the rain, there's a fairly stiffish breeze after appearing with it that's concerning me a bit.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't mind the rain, there's a fairly stiffish breeze after appearing with it that's concerning me a bit.
    Exactly my point :)

Advertisement