Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to keep my kid with me after divorce?

Options
  • 06-04-2016 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Long story short.

Several years ago my family (my ex-spouse and our kid of pre-school age) came to
    Ireland from a non-EU country. All three of us are citizens of this country. And
    that's the only citizenship we have.

Fast forward. Four years ago we separated and two years after that finally and
    properly (on paper) divorced. My kid has been living with my ex since. During
    this time we both were involved in our parental duties. I would say with a
    comparable share.

Some time ago my ex found a new partner. This person is from an EU country and
    has been living in Ireland for some time now.

I've been announced recently that they have decided to marry and to move to the
    country of the new partner origin. But. They are also taking our kid with them.
    And I've been also told that it's not something to discuss. The decision has
    been made. Period.

I would deeply appreciate any reference to a good legal agency and/or a
    particular lawyer who's capable of evaluation the situation and probably helping
    me to resolve it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

You need legal advice and that's not allowed in this forum.

You should see a solicitor and if you are not in a position to pay, you should make an appointment to go to the Legal Aid Board.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement