Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were on Masterchef, what would your calling card be?

Options
  • 06-04-2016 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Mine would be chicken and mushroom tartlet served with a mushroom, spinach and potato bake mmmmmm.....

Eta might add some sort of onion jelly too :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

A mezze platter with falafel, aubergine cevapcici, houmous, tsatsiki, chickpea salad with lemon and tahini and flatbreads.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Really depends on my mood, but right now I'd probably dish them up a bowl of linguine with crab, rocket, tomato and chilli sauce and a pangratatto topping.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Shenshen wrote: »
    A mezze platter with falafel, aubergine cevapcici, houmous, tsatsiki, chickpea salad with lemon and tahini and flatbreads.
    Can I come over to yours for dinner?

That's just about all my favourite things on one plate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Perfect (hopefully :D) chocolate fondant with softly whipped cream and macerated strawberries with mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

"Eggplant Napoleon" made the way I learned from a famous restaurant deep in the Cajun section of Louisiana. Lightly breaded aubergine layered with crawfish, scallops, and shrimp in a white wine/shrimp stock veloute, and double-sauced with more of the veloute and a simplified Creole sauce puree, garnished with a few fried oysters in season or lightly cooked diced mirliton out of season.

Not a clue where I'd get mirliton over here though ;) If you know, please tell me. I love mirliton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Ooh these all sound amazing :D

No idea where you'd even start to look for mirilto! Has anyone else noticed that they're gone mad for samphire on Masterchef this year? I've never seen it in a shop or on a menu here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There's always one "thing" each series.

(Can't actually remember any of the others, which shows how much attention I pay... too busy typing on the MC thread :D - but I remember noticing that in many of the previous series)

ETA - for example, the water bath seems to have fallen out of favour.... no doubt it'll be used at some point, but there was a point where every single meal seemed to involve it

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thats ^ the original and correct definition of meme, before it got taken to mean "photoshop some text on to an image". There will always be something that everyone does on a series like that, or every wanky restaurant has on the menu briefly, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Ooh these all sound amazing :D

No idea where you'd even start to look for mirilto! Has anyone else noticed that they're gone mad for samphire on Masterchef this year? I've never seen it in a shop or on a menu here :confused:

I've noticed it on British cooking shows for a few years now.
    The only time I got to try it was in Cornmarket in Cork. I really liked it, sort of like a cross between seaweed and asparagus.
    I've never seen it in any shop, though.

Advertisement