Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online suggestions for cheap, large-sized bras?

Options
  • 06-04-2016 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey y'all,

So, I'm pretty sick and tired of having to pay €€€ for larger cup bras in stores here. Haven't found much cheaper alternatives in my scouring of the web so far. Anyone have tried-and-tested sites they'd like to recommend?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Dunno what they're shipping is like but Lane Bryant is your only man (if you also have a large back size)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nirzenra

Dunno what they're shipping is like but Lane Bryant is your only man (if you also have a large back size)

Anything nice on it seems to be €50+ :(
    Times like this, I wish I was part of the itty bitty tity committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yeah I have friends who go over to the US every year they pick me up a rake of them then in the sales. Works out about €25 a bra which is pretty good. I don't mind paying for good quality (which they are) but the likes of evans or whatever are just ridiculous for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nirzenra

Yeah I have friends who go over to the US every year they pick me up a rake of them then in the sales. Works out about €25 a bra which is pretty good. I don't mind paying for good quality (which they are) but the likes of evans or whatever are just ridiculous for the price.

Yeah €25 is grand!
    I just don't understand why there aren't more affordable D+ bras in this country considered the average size is 34DD apparently.

And even when the larger stores do have larger sizes, they tend to be so... meh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have you tried change?

Go up to an M cup and a 42 back I think?

They have a few shops in Dublin, basic bras start at about 35 and they currently have 3 for 2 on as an offer in the shops. They also sell online www.change.com, not sure if the offer is on there at the moment, but it's worth keeping an eye on or signing up for their club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Online and in its shops, the Debenhams "gorgeous" range is for DD+ and very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bravissimo, Figleaves, Amazon and Debenhams are all good - in terms of brands Freya, Panache and Curvy Kate are all good - I'm small band/big cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Sales are yer only man. I am so not fussy about what bras I have as long as they fit. I am currently sporting a mighty tropical coloured yoke. (freya I think). Also small band big cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was just going to say the Freya ones are great I found.. And not too pricey if you wait for the sale in debanams you get great deals..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Oh I hear ya OP!!!

I don't go past Debenhams. They do a twin pack for like €25 - €30. Good quality and good range of sizes and styles too. They're quite comfy too. I dunno about ye ladies but I sometimes find the underwire can be wicked uncomfy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Karmella

Another +1 for debenhams - I usually try to stock up in the sales - can get great bargains on the big sizes and brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

the underwire's can be very annoying sometimes alright, must say though I don't feel too support if they aren't there...

There are those tshirt bras too OP they have them in Debanams I think a two pack for less that €30.. Now they are padded but man are they comfy and if tis cold outside well the nip nips are covered :)... They do kinda give your boobs a different shape but still very nice support and cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

M&S is fairly priced for excellent quality bras imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

I've found Asda and matalan have pretty good ranges, not expensive and pretty. If you can get delivery via parcelmotel or the like. I live near the border so it's where I get mine

Advertisement