Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cbr125\nsr125

• 06-04-2016 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2 Biker125

Would anyone have any insurance quotations for a honda nsr125 or Honda CBR 125 for a 16yr old any help would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,334 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Not much chance of a 16-year-old getting insured on either bike I would say, particularly the NSR.

Biker125 wrote: »
    Would anyone have any insurance quotations for a honda nsr125 or Honda CBR 125 for a 16yr old any help would be great thanks

I got a quote of €9,000 on my Aprilia RS 125 when I was 17 if that helps :eek:
    Needless to say I sold it haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I got a quote of €9,000 on my Aprilia RS 125 when I was 17 if that helps :eek:
    Needless to say I sold it haha

Lol if that was me I'd of bought a leap card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

two strokes will be out of question . my young lad has yzf125 and insurance is 1280 ish at 17 . there was no hope to insure any two strokes even when he became 18

• Advertisement

Ratchet wrote: »
    two strokes will be out of question . my young lad has yzf125 and insurance is 1280 ish at 17 . there was no hope to insure any two strokes even when he became 18

To be fair the two strokes from back in the day are dangerous little rockets. That RS125 I had was a scary bastard, they were basically a race bike, the engines could blow very easily.
    I dont think they even make 125 2 strokes anymore, the modern 125/250/300 learner 4 strokes are tractors in comparison. Id be pretty sure an RS125 would annihilate the new 300cc Ninja up to 110mph.

I was looking to buy an RS250 recently as a project, they are going for mad money, 5k sterling for a 2000 model. Very desirable bikes now those 2 strokes.

Advertisement