Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Nest Question

Options
  • 07-04-2016 6:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking about switching for the Nest offer. I just wanted to check if it will work for me.

I have a boiler with 3 manual taps, upstairs downstairs and hot water, it has an integrated thermostat, so no external thermostat in any of the rooms.

Will the best allow me to control the on/off for each zone? And what's the implication of not having an external thermostat?

Thx
    Eoin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi ctlsleh,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    ctlsleh wrote:
    Will the best allow me to control the on/off for each zone?

While the Nest Thermostat can work with multi-zone heating systems, you would need to have a Nest Thermostat for each zone. And while the new third generation Nest can control hot water separately, a single Nest Thermostat isn't designed to centrally control more than one zone. See here for more information.

We do have another smart heating control system, climote, that may be more suitable for you, as it can control multiple zones. See here for more information.
    ctlsleh wrote:
    And what's the implication of not having an external thermostat?

Having an external thermostat would generally mean independent control of each zone's temperature, assuming your heating system is set up for this. This could be achieved with multiple Nest Thermostats installed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BMCD44

Hi,

Just wondering if I want the nest to control the hot water and I need a automatic valve installed to do this, is this part of the standard installation offer wth electric Ireland or do I have to pay extra?

Thanks 
    Bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your interest in our Nest offer.

We would not be able to install an automatic valve as part of the standard Nest installation. Any extra work would need to be completed by an independent plumber.

If you have any other questions, we would be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement