Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Won't Boot

Options
  • 07-04-2016 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey,

My PC is stuck on the windows boot loading screen and just hangs there with the loading animation. I can't use f8 to access the Advanced Boot Options because it is disabled by default with windows 10.

I have created a Winpe boot key and can access this environment and view the files on the hard drive where my host Windows 10 is installed, but I'm kind of stuck from here? What's the best option to recover the host installation?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Hey op, do you have the original boot disk? If you do, change the boot sequence to your optical drive and run the startup repair. Win 10 should run the commands automatically (bootrec I think).

Any unusual beeps or other noises coming from the machine?

Do you have an external HD connected to your pc? If so, try removing it (along with any other non essential devices).

There's also a diagnostic tool on Microsofts website you could try.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

You can download ISO of windows 10 from Microsoft website and use it to recover your system. You can use the windows 7 create media (I think the name is) to make it bootable USB or CD then you can use the repair feature. Sorry on phone can't post links

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Hey,

My PC is stuck on the windows boot loading screen and just hangs there with the loading animation. I can't use f8 to access the Advanced Boot Options because it is disabled by default with windows 10.

I have created a Winpe boot key and can access this environment and view the files on the hard drive where my host Windows 10 is installed, but I'm kind of stuck from here? What's the best option to recover the host installation?

Thanks for any help.

Is your device compatible with windows 10? I had trouble putting it on an old windows machine I had. Microsoft said it was comparable but it actually wasn't wiped the machine and same story. (Check with the manufacturer) Ended up buying a new laptop as I needed an upgrade but still i appreciate the nuisance.

Advertisement