Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops 3 - Classified Weapons

• 07-04-2016 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭

So been playing Black Ops for a couple of months now a bit late to them game but trying to go through the various challenges.

Managed to prestige once and just on the brink of a second prestige have used unlock tokens on all the weapons but still cannot work out how to get the classified weapons?

Been reading on the web trying to work it out , tried the back on card assignments with Ruin and have done 800 kills which just unlocked another set of missions for Hero gear.

Done numerous black market drops but not a weapon in sight heard you need to use the bought COD tokens but (a) don't want to pay and (b) a lot of people saying they didn't get weapons.

Any one out there with any of the unlocked classified weapons care to shed any light on the actual way to get them ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

txt_mess wrote: »
    So been playing Black Ops for a couple of months now a bit late to them game but trying to go through the various challenges.

Managed to prestige once and just on the brink of a second prestige have used unlock tokens on all the weapons but still cannot work out how to get the classified weapons?

Been reading on the web trying to work it out , tried the back on card assignments with Ruin and have done 800 kills which just unlocked another set of missions for Hero gear.

Done numerous black market drops but not a weapon in sight heard you need to use the bought COD tokens but (a) don't want to pay and (b) a lot of people saying they didn't get weapons.

Any one out there with any of the unlocked classified weapons care to shed any light on the actual way to get them ?

The weapons acquired through the Black Market DO NOT require the purchase of COD Points. That's just another one of those urban myths where people see the likes AliA and TMartn opening a $hit load, and I mean a $hit load, of the Black Market crates with COD Points, and getting multiple weapon drops from them. People fail to realise that these 2, and more like them, make money from playing COD, it's their job, so they are going to spend money on COD Points.

Just keep working up the CryptoKeys, the law of averages say you will eventually get a weapon to drop. It may not be a great one, but it will happen eventually. The problem is though that the drop rate is fairly low, so you will need to open a lot. And that goes back to the above, the lads who pay for the COD Points, open a lot of crates. I've seen TMartn open over 100 crates (Don't ask me why), and get feck all. Plus, when you open as many crates as they do, you get a huge amount of CryptoKeys, which feeds into more crates being opened. They also end up with a lot of dupes, which get converted into CryptoKeys.... you see where this is going.

TL;DR: You don't need to spend a penny to get the Black Market weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

Have gone through a lot of Cryptokeys and got a lot of camos and the like but no weapons figured there had to be a trick to it.

Have you managed to get any of the weapons yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

txt_mess wrote: »
    Have gone through a lot of Cryptokeys and got a lot of camos and the like but no weapons figured there had to be a trick to it.

Have you managed to get any of the weapons yet ?

Nope. :D

I'm not "chasing" them, so don't feel like I'm missing out. If I get one, great. If not, no big loss. I'll stick to my KN.

Everyone seems to be going mad for the melee weapons. No thanks. I wan't to take you down before I get that close. Yes, I may loose close quarter engagements more than not, but that's not really my playstyle. Coming from Destiny, where PvP is a slower paced affair compared to CoD, I'm trying to adapt, but it's a slow process for my old head and reflexes.

Advertisement