Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bamboo containers yellow tips

Options
  • 07-04-2016 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have some 5-6 foot bamboo (fargesia robusta) that I planted in large containers last year. They seemed to be doing OK but recently the tips of the leaves are turning yellowy brown. I've read that this could be either over watering or under watering. I don't think it's under watering because I've checked the soil at the top and through the drainage hole at the bottom and it seems to be moist the whole way through. It doesn't feel water logged but I am concerned that it's not draining properly. I didn't put any pebbles at the bottom of the container when I planted it and I didn't really pay much attention to the soil mix - I think I used John innes 2 and some top soil.

How can I tell if drainage is an issue? Should I dig them up and start again? There are still new shoots coming up so I'm not sure if there's a problem.

Advertisement