Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's go for a few Britneys down the Rub-a-Dub

• 07-04-2016 11:10am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Prompted by the events thread, we're overdue a beers!

I'm gonna throw a few dates in the poll so pick all the ones that suit you. I'll leave it up for a week so that should be plenty of time to decide.

We can chat about possible venues here. My first suggestion is The Star of Bethnal Green. Went there before a wrestling event in York Hall, and the food was delish. The place itself is spacious will lots of little areas. It also has a karaoke booth if the mood strikes!

http://starofbethnalgreen.co.uk/

Beer date options 27 votes

Fri April 15
    0% 0 votes
    Sat April 16
    7% 2 votes
    Fri April 22
    7% 2 votes
    Sat April 23
    3% 1 vote
    Fri April 29
    3% 1 vote
    Sat April 30
    11% 3 votes
    Fri 6 May
    11% 3 votes
    Sat 7 May
    14% 4 votes
    Fri 13 May
    14% 4 votes
    Sat 14 May
    7% 2 votes
    Fri 20 May
    7% 2 votes
    Sat 21 May
    11% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

How about the The Edinboro Castle in Camden. Was there for my birthday last year. Nice spot. Food looked nice but we didnt eat. Only down side is early closing hours. 11:30 Friday and Saturday.

or

The Hawley Arms also in camden. No food, just a pub. Open till 1am Friday and Saturday.

so whose doing the voting on this? :)
    comment if you have voted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Well that wasn't very successful! The London Boardsies must have migrated to that Tayto/chicken roll group on Facebook :pac:

The poll is now closed and with a grand total of 4 votes, it's a tie between the 6 and 7 May. I didn't vote for the 7th as I have something on that day. Who still wants to go for a drink on the 6th? Post here and we'll lock it in.

Gonna go with the Edinboro Castle https://www.edinborocastlepub.co.uk/

Ya London forum has gotten quiet in the past year.

Who else voted?

I can do the 6th. The wife might even come along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

The wife?? On the 6th! I'm there!

• Advertisement

How so Joe wrote: »
    The wife?? On the 6th! I'm there!

Ya I got married in December.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Congratulations BrokenArrows!

I hadn't even realised there was a poll up, sorry... But I should be able to make the 6th as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No vote from me this time - not a lot of pub time with a 3 week old baby! Have fun anyway :)

No vote from me this time - not a lot of pub time with a 3 week old baby! Have fun anyway :)

sure bring the baby. Never to early to start pub apreciation. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Sorry guys, I won't make it this Friday after all. Will hopefully catch up with ye soon.

• Advertisement

So whose left?
    I'm still up for it, wife can't come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Did ye meet? :)

Nope.

Advertisement