Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In UK, Nissan free use of a petrol or diesel car

• 07-04-2016 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

IN UK, Nissan offer FREE USE OF A PETROL OR DIESEL CAR

Is this available in ROI Nissan

FREE USE OF A PETROL OR DIESEL CAR
    (i) Available to new Nissan Electric Vehicles customers only. Not available to used or demo customers.

(ii) Available to Retail and Motability customers only. Not available to Fleet, Contract Hire or Leasing customers. Please check with your dealer if you are an eligible customer type.

(iii) During the first 3 years of ownership of a new Nissan Electric Vehicle that has been purchased from a participating Nissan dealership, customers may arrange to borrow a petrol or diesel car from the same Nissan dealership for up to 14 days per year (minimum of 2 consecutive days). To borrow a car from another dealership, please check with that dealership.

(iv) Unless otherwise stated by the individual dealership, a total mileage limit of 2000 miles applies (i.e. 143 miles per day).

(v) Loan cars are subject to availability. Customers must give at least 7 days’ notice to the participating dealer before the pick-up date.

(vi) Each booking must be for a minimum of one day. Any booking which lasts for less than one day will count as one full day for the purposes of this scheme.

(vii) The loan car will be either petrol or diesel, and will be either a manual, automatic or semi-auto at the dealer’s discretion. Participating dealers are not able to guarantee the model, specification, features, fuel type or transmission type of the loan car. The loan car will be no smaller than a Nissan Note (i.e. it will not be a Pixo or Micra) unless (a) the customer specifically requests a smaller car and (b) one is available.
    (viii) Vans or Combis are not available to borrow. e-NV200 customers may borrow a petrol or diesel car if they like.

(ix) Insurance to be paid for by the customer. Customers can choose one of the following options:
    Purchase daily-rate insurance from the dealer at £5 per day. For full details and terms and conditions please refer to your dealer (e.g. age restrictions, excess etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I dont know, but to insure that in ireland, you would need to buy " drive other cars" option , and that is pricey. Substitutions would leave your Leaf uninsured ( and arnt technically possible except in a breakdown in many policies )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Adding the ability to drive other cars on your insurance was not expensive in my experience. It added <€50 to my premium (forget the exact figure), although it is third-party cover only. Maybe you are thinking of "open drive" which is the other way around, i.e. allowing anyone to drive your car - that is significant in cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

They do this in france also. I'd like to see it here.
    I don't see the insurance as an issue. Just transfer yours onto itfor a few days. Same as a rental or a courtesy car .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dont VW do that here when you buy the eGolf?

Advertisement