Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SeaLife Bray

• 07-04-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm taking my kids for a trip on the DART at the weekend down to Bray. I only plan on staying a couple of hours but I'm wondering is SeaLife worth a visit while there or would there be plenty to do around without it? Playground near the DART station? etc? The kids are 4 and 8.

(I've just read mixed reviews about SeaLife so not sure if it's worth the price!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭xyz123

There's a playground on the seafront a short distance from Sea Life. my kids are a similar age and sometimes they will fly through Sea Life and other times they will take their time. Its not big and its not cheap but if they are interested in nature there should be enough to keep them happy. The best way to do it is to time your visit around feeding times which they do on the hour. The ticket is for the day so they could do a walk of Sea Life, go to the playground and then come back for another feeding time.

Alternatively, if the weather is ok you could climb Bray Head. (a four year old will manage it with a little help) or they can scoot along the seafront, walk on the beach etc. Theres also the bowling alley opposite the Dart station too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm taking my kids for a trip on the DART at the weekend down to Bray. I only plan on staying a couple of hours but I'm wondering is SeaLife worth a visit while there or would there be plenty to do around without it? Playground near the DART station? etc? The kids are 4 and 8.

(I've just read mixed reviews about SeaLife so not sure if it's worth the price!)

Thanks!

There are coupons on Kellogs rice krispies boxes for free adult entry to see life. It will save you a few quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thanks for that- maybe i'll check the weather for Sat and if it's going to be ok(ish) we could skip Sealife and stick to walks/playground but then again like you say if the ticket lasts for the day it would be handy to pop in and out for the feeding and the playground! Yeah it's the cost really-but good tip re the Kellogs boxes!
    I do think they'd like it but we've paid for the Zoo before, a few times, and they've flown through it just to get to the playground in there!:)

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Hi OP,

One free child with paying adult here: https://www.vouchercloud.ie/account/loginsignup/160675

Also, booking tickets online is cheaper than paying on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

drake70 wrote: »
    Hi OP,

One free child with paying adult here: https://www.vouchercloud.ie/account/loginsignup/160675

Also, booking tickets online is cheaper than paying on the day

Brilliant thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There's a good playground nearby

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement