If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha - rxv479

Options
  • 07-04-2016 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hey There,

looking at this product on your site while being a little green on the subject, so I need some help please!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv479/yama-rxv479-blk

I want to get a system that allows me to play music from a centralised system in my house.

Installation/wiring of 2 speakers per room in my house is due to begin in a week.

Basically, I assume this machine linked above, lets me play music from one device to multiple rooms in the house no problem. 

But is there a machine that lets me play music from different devices to different rooms in the same house?

Thanks for your help, I understand my query isn't the clearest - so just mail if I can clear up anything! :) 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Also, is this ready for 4k connectivity? Or could you recommend a similar machine if not?

Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey There,

looking at this product on your site while being a little green on the subject, so I need some help please!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv479/yama-rxv479-blk

I want to get a system that allows me to play music from a centralised system in my house.

Installation/wiring of 2 speakers per room in my house is due to begin in a week.

Basically, I assume this machine linked above, lets me play music from one device to multiple rooms in the house no problem. 

But is there a machine that lets me play music from different devices to different rooms in the same house?

Thanks for your help, I understand my query isn't the clearest - so just mail if I can clear up anything! :) 
    Hi Flatzie.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The RXV479 is a home cinema receiver and is designed to run 5.1 surround sound in one main room.
    AS the RXV470 is only 5.1 you could not run a 2nd set of speakers in another room.
    While the 479 is packed with Bluetooth, airplay etc.... It really is only designed for home cinema and to be setup surround sound viewing.

If you had a 7.1 amp then you could use the extra 2. for a 2nd room allowing 1 pair of speakers to be connected.

How many rooms are you looking to run speakers in and how many speakers in total will you be using.

Have you thought of either the Denon Heos or Sonos as they operate as a wireless multi room system.

Sonos:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=sonos

Heos:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=heos

I hope this helps a little to start.

Thanks for getting back!! Really appreciate the info!

Basically i want to have 2x speakers in 6 rooms throughout my house.

I would settle for these running independently of each other in 3 rooms.

So 2 bedrooms run independently, and the living room dictates the music for the rest of the house.

Is this even do-able?

What systems would I need?

Would I be better off with wired speakers over wireless for this job?

Again sorry for all the question, completely new to this!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hi Kenny,

I have a somewhat similar requirement to flatzie_poo , would the Yamaha Aventage RXA550 on boards special handle this?

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057572709

Thanks
    MAJJ

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Thanks for getting back!! Really appreciate the info!

Basically i want to have 2x speakers in 6 rooms throughout my house.

I would settle for these running independently of each other in 3 rooms.

So 2 bedrooms run independently, and the living room dictates the music for the rest of the house.

Is this even do-able?

What systems would I need?

Would I be better off with wired speakers over wireless for this job?

Again sorry for all the question, completely new to this!

Cheers!
    Hi Flatzie_poo, thanlks for the post and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Technically yes you could do that, but it does have a few limitations. For each of the rooms driven by the RXV479, they would all be restricted to the same source, and wouldn't have independent volume control. Therefore, when one room is on, all rooms would be on. The volume control issue could be a problem, as if rooms are different sizes, it will sound louder in some rooms than others.
    The other issue would be that for the best sound in the other rooms, the 479 would have to run in stereo mode rather than surround sound

Ideally, you should have a separate amp per room, giving you complete independent control of each room, but if you did want to cut down on the amount of amps, each one could run 2 pairs of similar spec speakers, (so 2 rooms per amp)
    Have a look at teh Denon Heos system - http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/heos
    The beauty of the Denon Heos system is that you can add amps/rooms as and when required, providing the cabling is in place, so you could link 2 rooms on one amp for now, and if it does become an issue, just purchase another amp at a later date and add it in

Also in the Heos range, they have a few models of wireless standalone speakers which would be an option also

Have a look at these and drop us a post if you have any other queries

Brian

• Advertisement

MAJJ wrote: »
    Hi Kenny,

I have a somewhat similar requirement to flatzie_poo , would the Yamaha Aventage RXA550 on boards special handle this?

Thanks
    MAJJ
    Hi Majj, thanks for the post

The RXA550 is also a 5.1 amplifier so you would have the same restrictions as per the above

Cheers
    Brian

Hi Kenny,

Thanks
    MAJJ

The RXA550 is also a 5.1 amplifier so you would have the same restrictions as per the above

Cheers
    Brian
    Thanks Brian - that's brilliant info!!

I'll probably go with Denon, but if you could just explain what replacing the above model with a 7.1 amp would have on room connectivity?

e.g. Just how many rooms could be wired per amp? Granted I accept the limitations on volume control - cheers for that head sup! never thought of that!

No probs

If you were to go with a 7.1 amp, generally the extra 2 channels can be used for a 2nd room, and likewise you could split this into 2 rooms but again with the limitations as before. This dessentially would cut down on 1 amp from the heos system.

In my opinion, you would be better to stick to the 5.1, and use the Denon system for the multiroom, as it is then one process of control, and all from the one app, rather than the Denon Heos for some rooms, and another manufacturer/system for others. Just makes it all that much simpler to use

For the room with the 5.1 amp, you can add a Heos Link to that, which would give you access to everything that you have on the multiroom, for that room as well

Cheers
    Brian

No probs

If you were to go with a 7.1 amp, generally the extra 2 channels can be used for a 2nd room, and likewise you could split this into 2 rooms but again with the limitations as before. This dessentially would cut down on 1 amp from the heos system.

In my opinion, you would be better to stick to the 5.1, and use the Denon system for the multiroom, as it is then one process of control, and all from the one app, rather than the Denon Heos for some rooms, and another manufacturer/system for others. Just makes it all that much simpler to use

For the room with the 5.1 amp, you can add a Heos Link to that, which would give you access to everything that you have on the multiroom, for that room as well

Cheers
    Brian
    Absolute gent! Exactly what I needed! I'll get on to the electrician and be back in touch for some merch!!!

Thanks again!!!

No probs

Cheers
    Brian
    Absolute gent! Exactly what I needed! I'll get on to the electrician and be back in touch for some merch!!!

Thanks again!!!
    no probs, any other queries, just drop us a post

Brian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Cheers
    Brian

It's the multicast feature that John espoused that had me thinking of this potential use of multiform, independent volume.

Cheers
    Brian

It's the multicast feature that John espoused that had me thinking of this potential use of multiform, independent volume.
    To be fair, musicCast is a good system for linking AV products together, but the MusicCast speakers do leave a little room for improvement. Fort the multiroom music end, I would def recommend going with the Heos, and by all means use the RXA for your surround room, and just add the Heos link to connect it to the system. Overall the Heos would be a much better sounding multiroom

Cheers
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.