Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't download a Software package

Options
  • 07-04-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm trying to download a software package I just bought.
    Everything seems to go fine until a screen pop-up says.

"this program requires OpenGL 3.2 or later.
    Your system is running OpenGL 3.1.0 build 9.17.10.4229 or Intel(R) HD Graphics from Intel.
    This program will not work on your system, upgrading your driver may help, you can try below link.- http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx "

When I used this link and insert "OpenGl 3.2 it say that - there are currently no downloads available for OpenGl 3.2

I've searched for other Free Downloads of OpenGL 3.2 but I'm a bit worried that I might not go to a "Secure site "

Has anyone any ideas as to how to overcome the problem so that I can get my new software package working.
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Hi again
    Has anyone got any info on this query please ??
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

OpenGL is typically supplied as part of the graphics drivers for your computer.

So, that software is asking you to update your graphics drivers to the latest version.
    Unfortunately Intel didn't update this part of their graphic drivers on windows for their older products (looks like Sandy bridge i5-2xxx 2011-2012 era), so can't be certain that this will work for you.

Look for dxdiag on your PC (Windows key + R, then type in dxdiag in the run box). The first page will tell you your processor; the second page your graphics device name.

If it was a desktop PC, you could add a cheap Nvidia or AMD graphics card.
    http://www.g-truc.net/post-0729.html

If it's a laptop of that era, and updating your graphics drivers doesn't improve things, then you'll have to go shopping.

Advertisement