Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the price of cigarettes gone up again!

Options
  • 06-04-2016 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for hijacking but have cigarette prices gone up again in Ireland?
    Was just charged 10.80 for a pack of silk cut.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,368 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Sorry for hijacking

Bad choice of words in an airport thread.

Yeah, some have. Amber Leaf have gone up 20c as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

I just got charged €10.80 for 20 silk cut choice, the woman in the shop said they've gone up €0.30. I hadn't heard anything about this?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Moved a couple of posts from an existing thread where they were off-topic, for neatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

They must of! Went to the local shop, paid €12 for a 25g pouch of Amber Leaf when its normally €11.80, I think its the same for a few brands of smokes. How come they went up? I thought the prices only went up with a change from the budget, but that was already brought in last year. Its a bit strange for them to just raise the prices now

• Registered Users Posts: 68,678 ✭✭✭✭L1011

user.name wrote: »
    They must of! Went to the local shop, paid €12 for a 25g pouch of Amber Leaf when its normally €11.80, I think its the same for a few brands of smokes. How come they went up? I thought the prices only went up with a change from the budget, but that was already brought in last year. Its a bit strange for them to just raise the prices now

Manufacturers do want to raise prices for themselves from time to time. Budget increases are purely tax.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

They're not allowed put an ad in the paper any more, to notify the public of price changes. Players will increase the same in another week or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

24 John Player Red have now become 23 John Player Red :eek:

But at least they stayed the same price (€9.80) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bought 20 last week €10.75, today €11.00, wtf????

beertons wrote: »
    They're not allowed put an ad in the paper any more, to notify the public of price changes. Players will increase the same in another week or 2.

Why is that ??

vicwatson wrote: »
    Why is that ??

Illegal to advertise tobacco.

• Advertisement

beertons wrote: »
    Illegal to advertise tobacco.

Even a price increase ! Surely that's in the interest of the consumer

I know, crazy. Carrols, rothmans and major going up to €11 on Monday I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Got charged €11 for 20 major today,just made me realise how bloody outrageous the price of them now,€10.75 didn't seem as bad!!

Players going up 20 cents today, no change on Marlboro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

€0.55 for a single feg. If they want to push smokers in the way of black marketeers, they're going in the right direction.

There was a meeting last week locally. Be prepared for a 50c increase in the budget. Plain packaging from next year too.

Advertisement