Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement for a specific date range?

Options
  • 07-04-2016 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭

I've had two different answers to this question from staff on Banking 365 so thought I'd try asking here...

How do I order a statement of my current account from one specific date to another? I requested this of Banking 365 and was told "no problem, it'll be available in your account tomorrow". Yet when I logged in to retrieve this statement, it was simply an up-to-date statement of account.

I called Banking 365 again on this and was told that the person on the phone had no way of organising for a statement of account to be generated for, for example, the 1st of February through to the 1st of April. This seems ludicrous to me, as when I worked for BOI as a Temporary Bank Assistant in the mid 90's this was something that could be done from the cash desk.

Have your IT systems gone that far backwards that this isn't possible any more? Or has staff training dropped to the point where staff don't know how to use your systems? It's hardly an unusual, or difficult, piece of reporting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Sleepy wrote: »
    I've had two different answers to this question from staff on Banking 365 so thought I'd try asking here...

How do I order a statement of my current account from one specific date to another? I requested this of Banking 365 and was told "no problem, it'll be available in your account tomorrow". Yet when I logged in to retrieve this statement, it was simply an up-to-date statement of account.

I called Banking 365 again on this and was told that the person on the phone had no way of organising for a statement of account to be generated for, for example, the 1st of February through to the 1st of April. This seems ludicrous to me, as when I worked for BOI as a Temporary Bank Assistant in the mid 90's this was something that could be done from the cash desk.

Have your IT systems gone that far backwards that this isn't possible any more? Or has staff training dropped to the point where staff don't know how to use your systems? It's hardly an unusual, or difficult, piece of reporting.
    Hi Sleepy,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

When you request a statement on 365 Online, the statement generated will be from the date of your last statement to the day you requested the statement. So for example, if you requested a statement to include February to April but your last statement was generated in December, this statement would need to include your account transactions from December. 

Although you can't get exact dates for your statements, you can filter specific dates within your transaction history on 365 Online, which goes back 12 months.

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

That seems like a very long-winded "no".

So Bank of Ireland's IT infrastructure is now less functional than it was in 1998?

Is there any plan to introduce the ability to generate statements with a specific date range, or even a "From Date"? It's about 10 minutes work for anyone proficient in SQL.

Advertisement