Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenhouses

Options
  • 07-04-2016 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting a greenhouse this year, a steel or aluminium frame one. I have had the cheaper ones the last few years but the plastic covering always gets ripped to bits with strong winds.

While looking at a new one i see they have different panels, glass or polycarbonate.

With high winds seeming to be more common now I am wondering if there is much difference in them. e.g. strength and flexibility (or any other things that would be good to now pros and cons for each)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Thanos wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am thinking of getting a greenhouse this year, a steel or aluminium frame one. I have had the cheaper ones the last few years but the plastic covering always gets ripped to bits with strong winds.

While looking at a new one i see they have different panels, glass or polycarbonate.

With high winds seeming to be more common now I am wondering if there is much difference in them. e.g. strength and flexibility (or any other things that would be good to now pros and cons for each)

Thanks

There is a vast array of different configurations of Greenhouses on the market but luckily most of them are at the budget end which you have already experienced. If you are considering investing in a quality greenhouse, there are many aspects to be considered not least how you intend to use the structure, size and maintenance requirements.

Advertisement