Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing

Options
  • 07-04-2016 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello, I'm looking for some advice about a career in Nursing. As of right now, my preferred type of nursing is psychiatric/mental health nursing. I feel like I would really like to be a nurse and be able to help people. One of the main things I'm concerned about is pay, I don't know how much nurses make and finding out through Google a salary won't help me because as a 17 year old I have no real idea what a good salary is. I don't want to go into nursing for money but I have noticed a lot of people mentioning the poor pay nurses get and I don't want to go into a career where I'll end up with financial problems, so basically if anyone could tell me if nurses are truely poorly paid and if so to what extent and if there are ways you can increase this pay. If anyone could help me or give me general advice about nursing I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Advertisement