Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops leaving Manor west

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

g1983d wrote: »
    What's the story with the new Gates installed at the entrance nearest Adams?

I would assume it is to stop cars coming in when the retail park is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭Gormal

Hopefully and not pay stations!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jack harknes

It seems that, according to newspaper reports, that all of Debenhams Landlords have come to an arrangement over rents.
    Which,hopefully, means Debenhams will continue to trade in Tralee and all thier other stores.

Debenhams staff seem much happier.
    That's good news.

Court agrees Debenhams will exit Examinership on the 25th August.
    Minimum job losses and they were voluntary redundancies.
    Good News.

Why so many GATES being installed, I thought they would only be at the two entrances.
    Starting to look like a FEMA Detention Camp, only need a few Black Hummers driving around to finish it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

The gates are ugly as sin alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Court agrees Debenhams will exit Examinership on the 25th August.
    Minimum job losses and they were voluntary redundancies.
    Good News.

Why so many GATES being installed, I thought they would only be at the two entrances.
    Starting to look like a FEMA Detention Camp, only need a few Black Hummers driving around to finish it off.

Ah that's great news for Debenhams and Manor!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Any photos of these gates?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The additional gates are to allow some parking areas to be closed off when only Tesco is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Seems Suits select has bailed out now, heading for the John Joe Sheehy road.

• Advertisement

Seems Suits select has bailed out now, heading for the John Joe Sheehy road.
    Don't think it will work there for them, no footfall at all, they would need to be a destination store like M&S is.

Strange how the back overflow car park is closed to facilitate the building of the new McDonalds,when it hasn't even got planning permission yet, now the gates on the center will close at the latest 11:30 pm.
    When the Hotel has a function, conferences, Leisure center users and coaches, where are they going to park?
    Day time obvious answer is in the shopping center car park, thereby taking up spaces and reducing the number of customers for the shops.

Is there some long term plan for that overflow car park or is McDonalds acquiring some of that site? It looks really shabby and is the most immediately visible part of the centre from the main road which is a shame. The fact they haven't tarmacadamed and landscaped it like the rest of the complex suggests some development must be planned for there.

Don't think it will work there for them, no footfall at all, they would need to be a destination store like M&S is.

I'm not sure about that. Shopping for suits (for men anyway!) is more of an intentional rather than an impulse purchase so I'd imagine customers would seek out such a store rather than accidentally stumble upon it while walking by so may not be as dependent on passing footfall as other retail shops. The banner ad on the outside of the building must be the largest ad I've seen in a while so you certainly wouldn't miss that!!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Is there some long term plan for that overflow car park or is McDonalds acquiring some of that site? It looks really shabby and is the most immediately visible part of the centre from the main road which is a shame. The fact they haven't tarmacadamed and landscaped it like the rest of the complex suggests some development must be planned for there.

The Council refused planning permission as it's a 'gateway' site and they don't feel the big red'M' is the best thing to be seen when entering the town as I agree.

Advertisement