Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some SIM only deals are for a certain size sim.

Options
  • 07-04-2016 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

So i'm looking at deals for mobile Sims in the UK and i've noticed there are some deals where only certain sizes of sims are available, for example this one seems to only offer a standard sim, meaning it won't fit in the latest smartphones.

Why is this? Is it because they don't want modern users, meaning there is little chance the user won't avail of everything the deal offers?

Because if that's the case I will happily take one of these and cut the sim down to size..

Any thoughts on this? I'm not sure if this has happened in Ireland yet but it's probably only a matter of time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Think pretty much every shop will cut sims if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

My recent experience of Three and Vodafone is that their sims are manufactured to cater for any phone i.e. you start off with a piece of plastic the size of a credit card, you break out a full size sim and within that you can push out a mini or within that a nano sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

I bought a few sims recently and they were all full size (as in CallCard size, that would fit into a big heavy mid-90's brick proudly bearing the GSM logo). Inside that you have the micro and the nano sim. Like below

various_sim_formats.jpg

Advertisement