Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monksfield - Clondalkin

Options
  • 07-04-2016 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking at a property in Monksfield, Clondalkin and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the area.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

I am looking at a property in Monksfield, Clondalkin and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the area.

Used to live there years ago. Just a normal working class area, has its anti social behavior as a lot of places do but has a lot going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Hi,

I live in Clondalkin. I lived in Monksfield for 12 years up to 2014. It's suited me fine, was a 10 min walk to red cow luas stop, nice green area behind it. Local pub shop chipper etc 2 mins walk.

I moved to a slightly better area in the village because with family bigger house was needed, also because there was one bad family on my road responsible for a lot of anti social behaviour. However they have since moved and it has transformed that particular road into a much nicer place to live.

In general I love living in Clondalkin, wouldn't live anywhere else. Where I am now I'm pretty much in centre of the village. Clondalkin village itself is very beautiful and has so much history with the Round tower etc. It's clean and well maintained, the Mill shopping centre has lot of shops including boots and Costa. New round tower visitor centre is due completion next year. Corkagh park is nearby and is a wonderful park.

Any specific questions please let me know, happy to offer advise on any particular estates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zip18

Sorry to revive an old thread but just wondering if anyone would have any more advice on buying in Monksfield? Specifically Monksfield Heights?
    Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Zip18 wrote: »
    Sorry to revive an old thread but just wondering if anyone would have any more advice on buying in Monksfield? Specifically Monksfield Heights?
    Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nothing specific on Monksfield heights. As I mentioned above lived on road just off Monksfield heights for 12 years. It’s a mature area, no trouble that I know of. Good location for with bus and luas and m50 nearby.

I would call down to Clondalkin Garda station tell them you’re looking at buying there and looking to find out if any trouble there. They should be able to give you an idea without giving out any detail.

Advertisement