Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reply format options

Options
  • 08-04-2016 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

How do I turn on formatting options for the Quick reply box? You know, so that I can just click on the tags for bold, italics, img etg? I have set Message Editor Interface to Enhanced Interface but I'm not seeing the options. Is this because it's a new account? I'm having the issue on both Chrome and Firefox. Thanks :)

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

If you just click on 'Post reply' instead of using the 'Quick reply' box all of the options will be there. The nature of a quick reply means that you type and post - no formatting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 taco.cat

Hi Niamh,

It's not there when I hit 'Post Reply' either. It's there for both Quick Reply and Post Reply on my other* account though, so that's why I'm wondering if it's related to this being a new account?

I tried to post a screenshot but I can't :mad:. Here's the link instead, with a space in it: imgur.com/J6TvS1D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've added the link, and made a small edit to protect your privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 taco.cat

Thanks Spear!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

It might be associated with being a new user alright, I know there is a simpler editor for new users until they can post images/links and this may include formatting. Sorry, I didn't spot that last time. Most new users aren't so familiar with the site already!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement