Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will 'modern' cars ever be considered real classics?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Regardless the E type is supremely cool and definitely a classic. It has however been RUINED by the fact that it is a classic. How much are they worth? 30 million pounds? Might as well be a dinosaur bone because who would want to ruin their investment by taking it out of the armoured garage. It's a shame how so many cars have been absorbed into the current classic bubble where owners are playing hot potato, someone eventually is going to find out that an E type isn't really worth 30 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Personally I find few of the german cars very interesting, especially as there are so many of them. To me a passat, octavia and A4 all cancel eachother out by their similar appearances. Compared to variations in the past it feels we reached as one poster mentioned a white goods era of car design that would compliment their owners taste in kitchen design.

it's designs like the veloster and cactus that keep cars interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

swarlb wrote: »
    I've no idea how old you are

I'm two thousand and sixteen years of age Sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Subaru Impreza will be a classic, not just for its good looks but also its pedigree in rallying

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Regardless the E type is supremely cool and definitely a classic. It has however been RUINED by the fact that it is a classic.
    Happens in nearly every area of collecting. The top end goes crazy money and you get regular bubbles.
    Jesus. wrote: »
    Well played Jesus, well played. :D
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Subaru Impreza will be a classic, not just for its good looks but also its pedigree in rallying
    Ditto for the Mitsubishi Evo's. In both cases the models that came out in the middle years of the range. Same for any of the Honda's with an R badge. There are a few Japanese cars of that era like that.

IF they're in near original standard trim. The problem was that like nearly all classics they go through a period where the prices bottom out and at that price point they often get tarted up by Halfords, or upside down in ditches. Even if someone spends big money to customise a car, down the line the standard out of the factory examples are the valuable ones.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

Jesus. wrote: »

Not until December.

Advertisement