Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sell an apartment in Spain - any help tips etc?

Options
  • 07-04-2016 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi
    Was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on selling property abroad. My dad has an apartment in Spain he is looking to sell. He is not well enough to travel so it would have to be from Dublin. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Rach- I've moved your post out into its own thread- as you're most likely to get reasonable responses this way.

I'll get the ball rolling- there are a number of international websites which list Spanish property- casamona is one which comes to mind.

What family friends have done- is given a Spanish (or a Portuguese) solicitor power of attorney- and strict selling instructions- and then operated on the basis of a percentage of the sale (scarily high percentage).

Its not a great time for selling- esp. in Spain- however, as everywhere- location is paramount. If its not a high demand area- I'd suggest holding off from selling- as you're probably going to take a fairly major loss.

Would it be possible for you or a family member to temporarily spend some time in the area- to try to facilitate the sale? That may ultimately be the best of both worlds- and it is coming up to the holiday season- perhaps you may kill two birds with the one stone?

Advertisement