Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems receiving email via mail1.eircom.net

Options
  • 08-04-2016 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Could anyone please help me with this problem. My main email address, which I use for both work and personal usage - it's an old eircom.net address, which I've been using since the mid 1990s. I could go further and reference the old tinet. ie address, but that might confuse! Anyhow, I still use my eircom.net address, but as I am now a customer of Vodafone, my email (via Thunderbird) sees my email account settings are as follows:

Outgoing server (SMTP) - mail.vodafone.ie
    Port 25

Server settings - mail1.eircom.net
    Port 110
    (POP Mail Server)

Any assistance on this issue, greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Try webmail.eircom.net, but both normally work.

If anyone has sent you a large attachment it will "clog" your inbox until its removed. Login to the web UI and delete everything to ensure if doesnt overflow the space requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

The settings are correct.
    To cut down on spam mail, ISPs such as Eircom and Vodafone do not relay outgoing mails from SMTP connections that aren't from or to their own broadband customers. So you've to send via vodafone while using a vodafone broadband line.

If you need to move from location to location then using an intermediary authenticated SMTP server like Gmail on port 587 TLS might be an option.

Advertisement