Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Trad Night in Private City Centre Function Room?

Options
  • 08-04-2016 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,276 ✭✭✭✭

I'm interesting in a running a corporate night out...
    * Private function room in city centre bar, approx 50 ppl
    * Finger food then drinks
    * Mini trad night with bodhran, uileann pipes, etc

I know there are places that do 'Irish nights' but they seem to be sit down meals with mini Riverdance shows. We'd be looking for something more more informal.

Johnny Foxes & Findlaters in Howth run something along those lines but location doesn't suit :(

Anyone know of a city centre place that runs these events \ has any experience of attending one? Cheers.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I'm interesting in a running a corporate night out...
    * Private function room in city centre bar, approx 50 ppl
    * Finger food then drinks
    * Mini trad night with bodhran, uileann pipes, etc

I know there are places that do 'Irish nights' but they seem to be sit down meals with mini Riverdance shows. We'd be looking for something more more informal.

Johnny Foxes & Findlaters in Howth run something along those lines but location doesn't suit :(

Anyone know of a city centre place that runs these events \ has any experience of attending one? Cheers.

Hi there,

If you send me a PM, I might be able to help you out.
    Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

I think you'd be better off hiring any bar room and then getting a for hire diddly-eye band to show up and play a few tunes. Easier than finding a package as such.
    odyssey06 wrote: »
    I know there are places that do 'Irish nights' but they seem to be sit down meals with mini Riverdance shows.

Oh god, is that a thing? Scarleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,276 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I think you'd be better off hiring any bar room and then getting a for hire diddly-eye band to show up and play a few tunes. Easier than finding a package as such.
    Oh god, is that a thing? Scarleh.

Yeah, that's the backup idea... just when you're organising corporate social events in between your day job you're aiming for the absolutely easiest thing to organise where possible.

And 'Irish Nights' are very much a thing... mostly for the visitors I guess but they seem to be big business. Arlington Hotel has been running one for years.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

The Belvedere Hotel maybe. There are loads of places doing Irish nights. There are 2 Arlingtons, 3 Rock, The Merry Ploughboy would be a good one foodwise. If you have 52 or less, a single coach get everyone to Rathfarnham in one group. The city centre places wouldn't offer it as a private function I reckon as they continually advertise with hotels/have commitments and are bigger operations seating 2-300 for dinner. The Celt on Talbot St may be able to accommodate, or O'Sheas. Both of these have nightly music sessions and extensive food options.

Advertisement