Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 alarm battery

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PMed you that manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zhangj5

Hi koolKid, would you please pm me the manual, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ciarbee

KoolKid wrote: »
    PMed you the manual.

Hi KoolKid, just read this entire thread and you my friend are a legend! With the kiss assing done could you send me a copy of the manual too. I have the quantum 70 alarm also and I'm getting the "panel battery low" when I set/unset alarm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ciarbee

Anyone have any good links to websites selling the panel battery pack?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

zhangj5 wrote: »
    Hi koolKid, would you please pm me the manual, thanks!

PM sent
    Ciarbee wrote: »
    Hi KoolKid, just read this entire thread and you my friend are a legend! With the kiss assing done could you send me a copy of the manual too. I have the quantum 70 alarm also and I'm getting the "panel battery low" when I set/unset alarm...

PM Sent
    Ciarbee wrote: »
    Anyone have any good links to websites selling the panel battery pack?

Most alarm suppliers.See the sticky. Where are you located?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 zhangj5

PM sent

PM Sent

Most alarm suppliers.See the sticky. Where are you located?

Thanks for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

Hey Koolkid, could I get a copy of the manual too please? 2 1/2 years since it was installed so hoping it's just the 3 year warning, ta.

Sent you that manual. I hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

2 1/2 years since it was installed so hoping it's just the 3 year warning, ta.

Have you had the system tested since it was installed?
    Id also advise getting the latest software installed on your system as the older software requires engineer access to reset the back up battery timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Hi KoolKid could I trouble you for that manual too - also do you know if there's anyone around D14 or maybe Sandyford selling the battery?

• Advertisement

Sent you that.

Dardania wrote: »
    also do you know if there's anyone around D14 or maybe Sandyford selling the battery?

Here is a link to the suppliers list.
    Depending on the version installed you may need engineer access to replace the back up battery in this system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

altor wrote: »
    Here is a link to the suppliers list.
    Depending on the version installed you may need engineer access to replace the back up battery in this system.

Thanks for that - some suppliers there I recognise for that.

For engineer access, that's just the code - I think you gave me that when you installed the alarm in fact!

Dardania wrote: »
    Thanks for that - some suppliers there I recognise for that.

For engineer access, that's just the code - I think you gave me that when you installed the alarm in fact!

Yes, engineer code then authorized by, user code.
    Service menu/battery menu.
    Replace battery.
    This resets the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rebel001

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rebel001

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fbiiii

Can you please also pm me the manual when you get a chance. need to replace battery

Hi

I have PMed you that manual. After you change the battery enter the engineer code.On Service Menu press OK scroll to Batter Menu and Press OK, then select
    Replace Battery.
    Hope this helps.:)

fbiiii wrote: »
    Can you please also pm me the manual when you get a chance. need to replace battery

The manual does not have the procedure for replacing the battery in it.

You will need the engineer code to do this.

Enter engineer code, authorized by, user code.
    Service menu, press yes, engineer tools menu, press yes, battery menu, press yes.
    Scroll to replace battery, press yes.
    This resets the time.

Press quit till you see exit engineering, then press yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 HQ2011

Hey guys I have the hkc quantum 70 and I keep getting this message

''RF COMM FAULT SB1 Sabb1 the control panel tells me to ''Call Engineer''

Any advise on what I can do to fix it? I hate to have to pay for a guy to come out just to change batteries or something simple.

Thanks

JJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

HQ2011 wrote: »
    Hey guys I have the hkc quantum 70 and I keep getting this message

''RF COMM FAULT SB1 Sabb1 the control panel tells me to ''Call Engineer''

Any advise on what I can do to fix it? I hate to have to pay for a guy to come out just to change batteries or something simple.

Thanks

JJ

There is an issue with the RF pathway between the panel and the external bell. You're better off to call your installer as it may be covered under warranty. If you attempt it yourself your installer has no obligation to uphold any warranty and you will be voiding your home insurance if your alarm is listed on it.

How long is the system installed?
    If it's a few years it may be the batteries.
    The battery pack takes CR123 batteries.
    How far is the external bell in relation to the panel?
    Has anything changed around the house that could affect the wireless reception to the external bell?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bugs_bus

Hi there Koolkid, can you please PM me the manual so that I can reset the battery warning, I have my alarm around three years now and I reckon I have the same issue.

PMed you that manual. I hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bugs_bus

Thanks KoolKid, you're a gent:)

Your welcome.
    If you need any help come back to me.

bugs_bus wrote: »
    so that I can reset the battery warning

You will need the engineer code to reset the timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 HQ2011

Hey KoolKid

The system is once year installed last November, this has been happening since last October and I have the guy call out and all he did was change a couple of batteries in the window sensors, it fixed nothing. I honestly think they were just waiting for the 1 year warranty to be up, I think they know whats wrong and they are just looking for some money.

The bell is maybe 8 meters away from the panel and nothing has changed. We had the house rewired before the alarm system was installed also so I don't know what it might be, could it be the battery in the panel itself?

If you wouldn't mind PMing me that manual also, I'd like to have a read of it.
    How long is the system installed?
    If it's a few years it may be the batteries.
    The battery pack takes CR123 batteries.
    How far is the external bell in relation to the panel?
    Has anything changed around the house that could affect the wireless reception to the external bell?

Most companies would have an extended warranty on control equipment and bells. You should not be having any issues like this either way.

Contrary to whats posted above the reset timers option is in the manual.
    I dont think this will solve your issues though.

• Advertisement

HQ2011 wrote: »
    Hey KoolKid

The system is once year installed last November, this has been happening since last October and I have the guy call out and all he did was change a couple of batteries in the window sensors, it fixed nothing. I honestly think they were just waiting for the 1 year warranty to be up, I think they know whats wrong and they are just looking for some money.

The bell is maybe 8 meters away from the panel and nothing has changed. We had the house rewired before the alarm system was installed also so I don't know what it might be, could it be the battery in the panel itself?

If you wouldn't mind PMing me that manual also, I'd like to have a read of it.

A quick look at the log plus devices menu would tell you what is happening if you have engineer access to the alarm.

Why did he replace batteries in the sensors for a sabb comms fault or is this a new issue?
    Distance from panel to bell would not be an issue if its only 8 meters.

Advertisement