Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead 7870 new GFX card advice please.

Options
  • 08-04-2016 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

I took the recent AMD driver update and my 7870 seems to be dying/dead.
    What should I go for? I am playing The Division lately (playing times might be a factor in the dead card :) ).

Thanks in advance.

i5 3570k
    Super Flower 400w PSU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Banding like that could be the monitor, have you tested it with a different PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

ED E wrote: »
    Banding like that could be the monitor, have you tested it with a different PC?

I haven't yet but after removing all drivers I can not get another driver installed.(Keeps crashing during install) apart from the basic windows driver.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What keeps crashing?

What keeps crashing?

The install will get as far as the point where the monitor normally flickers and then I get a black screen which I have to reboot to get out of.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Do you have onboard VGA? If so take out the 7870 and see if problem is still replicated

• Advertisement

Do you have onboard VGA? If so take out the 7870 and see if problem is still replicated

Yeah will do when I get my hands on a VGA cable,cheers

Yeah no issues with on board GFX so I guess I will have to purchase a GTX 970,I was hoping to get another year out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Wait for June and pick up a Polaris card. Pascal might be July, but they are two architectures worth watiting for.

Eoinmc97 wrote: »
    Wait for June and pick up a Polaris card. Pascal might be July, but they are two architectures worth watiting for.

Interesting read about them,I reckon I will hold on for now,thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement