Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAMMA 26: 10th September 3Arena, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paul Craig is out of the main event, ankle injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thats disappointing. Im sure they will find a replacement. The rematch with Kone would be good. Or Jacquelin if hes cleared after his tko loss last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I see Peter Queally is fighting.

que.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Is there an updated card yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is this available to watch on tv? Or is it stream only?
    Can't see it on spike TVs schedule?

• Advertisement

BAMMA streaming the fights on their YouTube channel, per their Facebook update. No idea if it's just the main card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Someone asked on FB and they said the full event , coupled with CW 78 on BT and UFC 203.......i cant take this lads......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

The Queally McColgan fight is good. Quelly has far more experience but McColgan is no joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

dashoonage wrote: »
    Someone asked on FB and they said the full event , coupled with CW 78 on BT and UFC 203.......i cant take this lads......

And GGG v Brook

Busy Saturday, gonna need more screens....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jesus..... From their Facebook page.

+BREAKING NEWS+ due to missing weight by 13.2 lbs, John Phillips stripped of the MW Title & Main Event cancelled. New Main Event Rany Saadeh Vs Andy Young #BAMMA26 #Believe #MMA

13.2 lbs... Unforgivable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

That_Guy wrote: »

+BREAKING NEWS+ due to missing weight by 13.2 lbs, John Phillips stripped of the MW Title & Main Event cancelled. New Main Event Rany Saadeh Vs Andy Young #BAMMA26 #Believe #MMA

Thats shocking from Phillips.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

First UFC Dublin losing its main and co main and now this.

What a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

That_Guy wrote: »

13.2 lbs... Unforgivable.

Serves him right. No excuse for being a stone overweight. Totally lazy attitude. He was probably sure he'd only have to give up some of his purse.

13.2lbs. Jesus wept. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Hope bamma never let him fight again

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

What time does the first fight start today please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I presume tickets are available on the door?

Beersmith wrote: »
    I presume tickets are available on the door?

They are, aye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Paully D wrote: »
    What time does the first fight start today please?

What Paully said.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Ringside for this....cannot wait.....some savage fights....unfortunate about the injuries and overweight..good nonetheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Am i reading too much into this?

John Phillips - Misses weight by a stone
    Sinead Kavanagh - misses initial weight by 2lbs, has to sauna it up
    Richie Smullen - misses initial weight , sauna time
    Charlie Ward - almost 5lbs over championship weight

Peter Queally - on point
    Ryan Curtis - on point

Basically how it's looking to me is anybody who was over with John and Owen for the Diaz camp came in tip-top shape, anybody who was at home left to their own devices seemed to come in out of shape.

You'd have to throw a few question marks out there. Could just be coincidence i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

4:30pm first fight according to their Twitter.

Basically how it's looking to me is anybody who was over with John and Owen for the Diaz camp came in tip-top shape, anybody who was at home left to their own devices seemed to come in out of shape.

You'd have to throw a few question marks out there. Could just be coincidence i suppose.

And Kavanagh said in his book that when the lads in Vegas were left to their own devices and he was back looking after the lads for the last BAMMA that the training schedule etc slipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Paully D wrote: »
    And Kavanagh said in his book that when the lads in Vegas were left to their own devices and he was back looking after the lads for the last BAMMA that the training schedule etc slipped.

He's gonna have to sort that out.

Conor clearly deserves and needs Kavanaghs full attention, given the stakes involved, but if the whole team goes to pot back home then it's gonna create problems longer term.

This is a stain on SBG, not just Phillips but so many of the fighters rocking up overweight.

I can't think of a single reason to be a stone overweight on weigh-in day - actually showing up to weigh in. He clearly ballooned to well over 2 stone overweight. He should have pulled out of the contest weeks ago.

Any link to the action? Can't locate anything on the BAMMA YouTube page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Can someone post a link to YouTube stream

He's gonna have to sort that out.

Conor clearly deserves and needs Kavanaghs full attention, given the stakes involved, but if the whole team goes to pot back home then it's gonna create problems longer term.

This is a stain on SBG, not just Phillips but so many of the fighters rocking up overweight.

I can't think of a single reason to be a stone overweight on weigh-in day - actually showing up to weigh in. He clearly ballooned to well over 2 stone overweight. He should have pulled out of the contest weeks ago.

I think Paully meant the other way around. When Kavanagh left the guys in *Vegas* to their own devices while he helped the guys back home, their training schedule slipped (in Vegas).

• Advertisement

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffight-news24.com%2Fmma%2Fbamma-26-live%2F&h=BAQFP_JQS&enc=AZNpgj8bvVXlezlM4KpdVRcmE8bjoIL6Uu_QPmCyiMznKEQyX73iTwr91_fag1WJ6ME&s=1

Here ye go guys, hopefully it works, pasted it on phone.

Edit: Alright checked the link, not sure if it's free. Is there a free stream link anywhere?

Advertisement