Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster park maynooth

Options
  • 08-04-2016 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hubby and I would like to move to Maynooth and are looking at new developments (Moyglare hall and limetree), but also viewed a house in Leinster Park which we liked. However, there's also a second house a few doors up for sale, both went on the market at the same time which made us wonder if there are problems in the area, noise issues etc. Obviously this may just be a coincidence but as we aren't hugely familiar with the area, would be delighted to hear opinions from anyone living around the area before we put in any offer on the house!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Coincidence I'd imagine. Its a very expensive part of town, the houses are pretty much all individually built. There is one with planning in to knock/replace though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Meredith2016

Expensive indeed! Seems to be a shortage of detached family homes in the area at the moment which is probably a factor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

We only moved into Leinster Park about two years ago are are very pleased with our decision. As L1011 says - probably a coincidence and for totally different reasons.

It is a very quiet street and, from my personal experience, the neighbors are friendly and welcoming to the area.

For us, this street ticked a lot of boxes.

If you do decide to buy here you won't be disappointed. Welcome.

PM me if you have specific questions you would like answers to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Those houses were on a site purchased and constructed at the peak of the property cycle. I remember looking at the site at the time.

A good location in a lot of ways and neighbourhood.

Caveats are:
    Traffic for when you want to get home fast for whatever reason. Try getting there at 6pm a few evenings from various sides of town.

McDonalds and the loud students on route. Is noise pollution a factor? I can't answer.

Backs onto Tesco. What are future development plans at that side. Noise from deliveries?

Not scaremongering but questions worth asking at such a high valuation.

The lower end house is "fairly" valued in terms of a detached with condition in Maynooth prices. I'd prefer a bigger garden and no concerns over the issues above for that money though.

The higher end one is being priced off a house EA sold for 855k recently. See propertyprice register and the asking price on the one in Ashleigh Grove that is sale agreed. IMHO, it is no comparison to either in terms of size, garden and location in terms of issues above. Lack of high bids have reflected this to best of my knowledge though you only need one bidder at that price.

House that went for 855:
    http://www.propertypartners.ie/residential/brochure/3143645

House asked 850 sale agreed. Don't know price.
    https://www.realestatealliance.ie/residential/brochure/1a-ashleigh-grove-maynooth-co-kildare/3245648

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

ixus wrote: »
    Those houses were on a site purchased and constructed at the peak of the property cycle. I remember looking at the site at the time.

A good location in a lot of ways and neighbourhood.

Caveats are:
    Traffic for when you want to get home fast for whatever reason. Try getting there at 6pm a few evenings from various sides of town.

McDonalds and the loud students on route. Is noise pollution a factor? I can't answer.

Backs onto Tesco. What are future development plans at that side. Noise from deliveries?

Good questions and exactly the same ones we asked before we took the plunge.

Traffic around Maynooth is a pain generally. However we rarely approach Leinster Park from the centre of town but come in from either Leixip or Dunboyne.

I have never noticed any problem emanating from McDonalds. Noise is not, in my opinion, an issue.

One of my biggest concerns before we bought was the Tesco site. It is just not an issue. However, having a major supermarket like Tesco within short walking distance is a major asset. In addition, both Supervalue and Dunnes are also only five minutes walk away.

The Dublin bound buses stop about fifty meters away and the train is five minutes walk.

Huge selection of pubs and restaurants.

Now if we could only do something about the traffic! Bypass anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 lmf

Hi just wondering if anyone knows anyone that bought in limetree hall? Myself and husband Possibly interested in 4 beds but not too familiar with the area, houses seem very close to tesco etc which could be a bit of an eye sore? Although I don't think the houses are looking straight on to the shops as such.. Still to view them ourselves.
    In terms of maynooth would you say it's fairly easy to settle in in a town like maynooth? I went to college there and really liked it but that was 12 years ago now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

They're asking a lot for what they offer in terms of size, layout, garden, parking and, possibly location. Location depends on how you value being beside McDonalds, Tesco and petrol station versus close to town.

If you get involved in "something", it's easy to settle I think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

In my opinion they look terrible externally and are far too close to the road and Mc Donalds,I have not viewed them yet but all reports say they are tiny.
    I think that there is much better value in the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 lmf

Thanks for this info. I don't think we are that interested enough at that price and location..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 happiness10101

Also looking at new builds in maynooth. Limetree isn't as bad as people are saying on here when you are getting latest technology with regards heating and insulation, sound proofing. Houses further in aren't that close to the road. There are old houses selling for not much cheaper that need sooo much work.. Suppose depends on your appetite of having to go through renovations and spending another fortune. What's the story with the halting site in maynooth, does it have much of a population? ever much trouble? Only found out about it today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Have a look at the brochure for limetree they put the logo over the halting site. I found that to be hilarious. The logo is in the middle of the photo!!!

Yep I read that somewhere on here already and I have the brochure. Does anyone know much about the site though? Is it behind the garden centre?

Hubby and I would like to move to Maynooth and are looking at new developments (Moyglare hall and limetree), but also viewed a house in Leinster Park which we liked. However, there's also a second house a few doors up for sale, both went on the market at the same time which made us wonder if there are problems in the area, noise issues etc. Obviously this may just be a coincidence but as we aren't hugely familiar with the area, would be delighted to hear opinions from anyone living around the area before we put in any offer on the house!

Thanks!
    Hi Meredith just wondering did you buy in the end and how is it all going? Myself and husband looking at new builds in maynooth at the moment. Limetree is nearest the train but don't know anything about the area except from driving around a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Its on the Tesco side of the garden centre. Don't know much about it. Haven't had any issues.

Ok thanks staplor! I haven't seen much written about it, so I assume no issue.

Advertisement