Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fear The Walking Dead | Season 2 | Episode 1 | Monster [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 08-04-2016 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 2

Episode 1 - "Monster"

Airdate - April 10th on AMC at 9/8c | April 11th on AMC UK at 2am (and again at 9pm)

The families flee Los Angeles on Strand's yacht and find yet more danger at sea.
    Our families flee a burning Los Angeles on Strand's yacht. Strand remains mysterious, while our group encounters danger at sea.

*Season 2 of Fear The Walking Dead will consist of fifteen episodes; the first seven episodes will premiere from April 10, 2016 and the remaining eight will air later in the year.

Promo

Sneak Peek

Sneak Peek 2

How did you rate this episode? 42 votes

0%
    9%
    Also Starring LeVar BurtonArrow in the KneeLiamaloneKeplar240B 4 votes
    7%
    Washoutwhite applesterryduff12 3 votes
    4%
    ED Esuffering golfer 2 votes
    21%
    omahaidduridianNUTZZrobby^5Potential-MonkeSamoa Joekevovekclever user namestronglikebull 9 votes
    23%
    bazz26fish fingersfrashHank ScorpiopmctSudden ValleyAlonso77foozzybear61Mac BMrBobbyZ 10 votes
    11%
    tracertprincemuzzyreadyletsgoMonifeRosie Rant 5 votes
    11%
    Banjaxed82Duckworth_Luasbrianregan09Flippyfloppysabhail 5 votes
    7%
    muckwarriorZero-CoolWalter E GO 3 votes
    2%
    DubOnHoliday 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Here's a nice little Season 1 recap for anyone that needs their memory jogged!

And also, here is all 16 parts of the mini series 'Flight 462' which has been airing every week during the off season;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

oh come on

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

Interested to see where things go from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Find this terrible. Nothing really happening and what does is predictable. None of the characters are interesting or likeable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This just ran through my head for the entire episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Terrible acting, Not one likeable character. Think i'll save my time and watch something worthwhile other than another season of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

It started off so randomly I actually had to make sure I didn't download a leaked episode 2 without realising. Made more sense when they showed they were being bombed....

Fear goes to show, as usual, that emotional , hormonal teenagers should not be given any form of communication device during a Zombie Apocolypse. Scratch that, ZA or not they shouldn't be allowed communicate with randomers, ever.

Why on earth did they let her keep the radio when they knew she was communicating with others? Such a silly plot device. Was a little hooked at the very end wanting to know who this mysterious group of murderius tricksters are, but spent most of the time wishing I was watching the originals in Alexandria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

I quiet enjoyed this episode of Fear The Swimming Dead. (sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Very poor episode imo. The only one I can sort of pull for is the kid with the heroin addiction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow. Crap acting Crap characters Crap writing. You should be roooting for the gang to survive but i was rooting for the swimming zombies to eat every single one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think this suffered from being on so soon from the main series...like i really enjoyed season 1 but I could not get into this at all until the last 20 minutes or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm enjoying it so much more than the early seasons of The Walking Dead, which apart from Rick and Glenn (Darryl was essentially a background character until mid-season 2, and Carol did very little until the end of season 3) had a host of unlikeable characters and they spent the majority of a season deciding whether or not to open a barn door, but it got better once we got to know various characters and the story gained momentum. With Fear, some of the characters are fairly 'meh' at the moment, but I find Daniel, Strand, Nick and Travis all easy to root for and I think once we get to know the other characters a bit more they'll be easy to root for too, because I don't consider any of them to be unlikeable, as opposed to some of the original Walking Dead characters who I just wanted to die already (Laurie & Andrea, I'm looking at you two in particular).

And I don't want it to just be a carbon copy of The Walking Dead - I like that there's a different tone to Fear and that it seems to have more substance and that we're seeing them out at sea for example, because it's something they can't do on the other show, as they're land-locked.

Anyway, different strokes for different folks and all that, people are entitled to their own opinion, we are afterall living in a world where too many people consider Batman V Superman to be a good film, so what the hell do I know anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I see it's continuing in the vain that most of the characters are idiots, still. Moody kid should be dumped overboard. Girl should be slapped, then dumped overboard. Junkie should be, well, maybe he's a bit interesting. He's still an idiot for swimming into that boat though. Apart from that, I kind of liked it. Silly plot device with the radio, and even sillier to leave the radio with her when you think there might be pirates on the other end of it.

I might stop watching for a while and let the episodes build up. It might be better that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I thought for sure your one was going to come back to life and take a bite out of Alicia while she was chatting away on the radio :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Unfortunately, we (the audience) are so far ahead of the characters, it makes for frustrating viewing as they make stupid mistakes/decisions.

The fact is it's poor story telling technique from the makers. Only Strand is where we're at. They really need pull something out of the bag cause regardless of this issue, the general writing, characters and acting pales compared to walking dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

What the bet that the boat closing in on them is not the guy talking on the radio. he'll probably come later and save the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Gave it a 1.

Boring from start to finish. Sh*t writing, sh*t acting, sh*t show.

Will I watch next weeks episode of course I will, why I do this to myself I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

neonman wrote: »
    Gave it a 1.

Boring from start to finish. Sh*t writing, sh*t acting, sh*t show.

Will I watch next weeks episode of course I will, why I do this to myself I don't know.

It's our methadone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

When I saw they were going for the Zombie apocalypse on a boat vibe I immediately thought of The Last Ship. Cut price what with it not being a destroyer and such, but still. There's only so many things you can do with the boat idea IMH.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Agree with most of the sentiments. I didn't really enjoy it but I'll still watch it next week!

In fairness it's still in its infancy so it deserves more time but the signs are not good. It has three interesting characters..Nick, Strand and Salazar but the rest are just dull. If any of them are in danger I really don't give a **** about them. I'm not feeling this one at all which is a shame because there are other stories that can be told in the TWD universe. As someone said earlier it needs a big wow moment and it needs it very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'm still trying to figure out who owns the damn boat :P

Liamalone wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out who owns the damn boat :P

8918768_all-aboard-for-strand-fear-the-walking_td491341c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

At least we won't have comic book spoilers polluting the topics like in TWD discussions

I like Strand, rest are meh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Why the hell didn't she go to someone when "Jack" first started talking to her and say that somebody was on the radio instead of talking to him for ages and telling him bloody everything?! Knobhead.

I thought we were supposed to find out the fate of Flight 462 in the season premiere. Maybe the people calling for help were from the plane.

Rosie Rant wrote: »

I thought we were supposed to find out the fate of Flight 462 in the season premiere. Maybe the people calling for help were from the plane.

No not during the premiere, just at some point during the season it will tie into the story. The promo for Episode 2 looks to show plane wreckage on the beach so presumably it's that, with the hoard of passenger walkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Why did the zombie attack nick and then look away and just leave him?

Advertisement