Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit - Contactless?

Options
  • 08-04-2016 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received a new Visa debit card as my old one was not in the best shape. I expected the new one to be contactless but this is not the case.  Is there a reason why this is so?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Harcrid wrote: »
    Hi,

I received a new Visa debit card as my old one was not in the best shape. I expected the new one to be contactless but this is not the case.  Is there a reason why this is so?

Thanks
    Hi Harcid, 

Thanks for your post.

Was your old card contactless? as they may have re-issued the same card again unless you advised when ordering that you wanted a contactless card.

If you decide you would like to order a contactless card it would be best to discuss this with a colleague by contacting BOI Direct on 0818365365.

Thanks
    Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Harcid, 

Thanks for your post.

Was your old card contactless? as they may have re-issued the same card again unless you advised when ordering that you wanted a contactless card.

If you decide you would like to order a contactless card it would be best to discuss this with a colleague by contacting BOI Direct on 0818365365.

Thanks
    Janette
    Thanks for the reply Janette,

No, my old car was not contactless but I had assumed that all new cards that are issues would be contactless.  Its not a big deal, I was just curious.  I can live without it. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Harcid, 

Thanks for your post.

Thanks
    Janette
    Thanks for the reply Janette,

No, my old car was not contactless but I had assumed that all new cards that are issues would be contactless.  Its not a big deal, I was just curious.  I can live without it. :-)
    Hi Harcrid,

Thanks for your reply.

If you do decide you’d like to apply to have a contactless card, please call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 & a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks again,

Tara C

Advertisement