Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog fleas

• 08-04-2016 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Itchy last few nights sleep. Woke up this morning with two of these in my bed. Are they dog fleas? (I have a Maltese dog)

i.imgur.com/VB6HqOU.jpg

I literally couldn't kill them by squeezing one of them as hard as I can between my thumb and index finger. It walked away again when I put it back on my hand.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

cant see that 'image'?!
    If there are insect-like things in your bed, and you are itchy, I would guess its fleas - of some sort
    Check your dog - being white, you should be able to see if theres anything moving in its coat
    Odd you couldnt 'pop' them - might be ticks? Did it 'walk' or 'hop'?!?!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Can't see the pic, but I know the one time my lad had them they were really hard to squish! They did jump though, that might be the give away. I know on our guy we really had to go investigating as he has a thick coat so we didn't see them on him for a while, what we saw first was little black dots right in at his skin, it looked just like black sand or something... Everything, even a flea, has a waste system! :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I had a look at the pic op... It's not a great pic but that looks more like a louse than a flea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Ya, that's definitely not a flea. No idea what it is though.
    People seem to be having problems seeing the picture. It's here.
    http://i.imgur.com/VB6HqOU.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Looks like a louse, but you really need a better picture for proper ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Definitely not a flea, whatever it is.

Advertisement