Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attach a file to a PM?

Options
  • 08-04-2016 3:22pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to attach a file to a PM (not an image from a URL), but I don't seem to be able to find the paperclip among the icons on the PM screen.

Is it something to do with my own profile, or has that functionality been disabled?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I don't remember seeing that option there (not saying it wasn't) but why not use one of the filesharing services like box or dropbox and share the URL?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd rather use a 'direct approach' like when I attach 'normal' files to a post, but thanks for answering.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Another quick question, if I may - can/will this functionality be made available in the future? Thanks again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Almost certainly not, given the absence of dev attention.

...it was worth a shot, I suppose...

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement