Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online savings account, but not enough money in my current account.

Options
  • 08-04-2016 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So, I set up an online monthly account saver and the money will be transferred on Monday. I lodged the money in today but due to a pending transaction the remaining amount falls about 30 euro short of the amount going into the savings account. Will I have to cancel the account? Or can I wait until I get paid next week to transfer the money? Or will my account go into overdraft? Its a student account and will sometimes go into overdraft but I'm not sure what happens now. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

bankuser12 wrote: »
    So, I set up an online monthly account saver and the money will be transferred on Monday. I lodged the money in today but due to a pending transaction the remaining amount falls about 30 euro short of the amount going into the savings account. Will I have to cancel the account? Or can I wait until I get paid next week to transfer the money? Or will my account go into overdraft? Its a student account and will sometimes go into overdraft but I'm not sure what happens now. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Hi bankuser12,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

As you’ve mentioned that this is the first payment into the account it will automatically be closed if when we present for the direct debit there are insufficient funds.

We would be unable to comment here in relation to your account going overdrawn as this would depend on if there is any overdraft facility on your account.

Please see here for the terms & conditions of our 365 Monthly saver account.

Thanks again,

Tara C 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bankuser12

Hi Tara, 

Thanks for your quick reply. Just to clarify it is my third payment into the account if that makes any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

bankuser12 wrote: »
    Hi Tara, 

Thanks for your quick reply. Just to clarify it is my third payment into the account if that makes any difference.
    Hi bankuser12,

Thank you for your post here.

If this is the first time for a direct debit going to your 365 Monthly saver account to go unpaid then your next direct debit will leave as normal once funds are available.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

Advertisement