Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to follow a course created in Garmin connect

Options
  • 08-04-2016 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

I created a course in GC based on an imra race I did last year. So it's time to recce the route again. But how can I follow the course? Is it possible via the GC app?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

Try the Viewranger app.

You can download Garmin routes onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

What kind of Garmin watch do you have? Some support routes. Others, unfortunately, don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

What kind of Garmin watch do you have? Some support routes. Others, unfortunately, don't.
    I've a 220 so no joy there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I've a 220 so no joy there :(
    Sorry, didn't notice that you were hoping to follow the route on the GC app (e.g. a mobile device). I can't see an option for it in Garmin Connect (they must have removed this functionality), but you can certainly do it in Strava.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Thanks. I created the route in strava on my pc at first, and no matter what options I tried...it came up with ridiculous way points that in no way represented the real route. When you create a route with GC, it very closely follows the original race route. I'll check out the viewranger app.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, Viewranger is well worth a go, use the Open Cycle maps as I find they're better for off road routes. I've used Viewranger a fair few times to follow routes derived from Strava or Garmin.

Advertisement