Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with strengthening nails

Options
  • 08-04-2016 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

I've always had reasonably good nails but I've just had a set of gels on. Now I adored them when they were on but 2 have fallen off and my nails are in bits underneath. I'm actually afraid to have the rest removed to see how bad the rest are. Any tips on what I can do to help get them back in good shape?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

If you can find a salon that does an IBX treatment it's amazing! Otherwise I find massaging cuticle oil (or almond oil from health food shop) into nail and cuticle as often as possible helps them grow stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I use OPI nail envy.. it is expensive but it is amazing and works fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Wellyd wrote: »
    I've always had reasonably good nails but I've just had a set of gels on. Now I adored them when they were on but 2 have fallen off and my nails are in bits underneath. I'm actually afraid to have the rest removed to see how bad the rest are. Any tips on what I can do to help get them back in good shape?

Get Sally Hansen Diamond Strength. It's like a nail polish. You put it on as a base layer or just leave it on by itself. It has changed my short broken nails to long healthy nails! I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Perfectil nail supplements are great. They take a few weeks before you start to see the effects but they really help you internally and also improves your skin- it's a great investment against future damage. I would start them as soon as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Thanks so much! I actually found a bottle of the Sally Hansen diamond strength in the press today and am going to use that til I get the Opi treatment delivered from cloud 10. Hopefully it'll be worth the price!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I find keeping nails short and well filed also helps while your starting to strengthen

Advertisement