Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement Ring insurance

• 08-04-2016 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend anywhere that does engagement ring insurance thats cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

irishguy wrote:
    Can anyone recommend anywhere that does engagement ring insurance thats cheap?

We put my wife's engagement ring onto the house insurance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

We put my wife's engagement ring onto the house insurance

+1 Declare it on the household policy, it will probably be a lot more expensive if you take out a new policy because of the additional admin. involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

coylemj wrote: »
    +1 Declare it on the household policy, it will probably be a lot more expensive if you take out a new policy because of the additional admin. involved.

I had it on the house policy, but now they are looking for €35 extra this year seems a bit much. As if I claim it will put my house policy up quite a bit due to loosing the no claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

And if you lose it, it will cost you a lot more than losing your no claims bonus. Its likely the ring isnt costing you an extra 35 quid. But its just a general rate increase so moving the ring to a standalone type policy (that you can usually only get from a jeweller when you buy it) wont save you anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, I can't see you getting any kind of insurance for €3 a month, that's basically what you're looking for. And if you do get separate insurance for the ring, it's lost and you lodge a claim, you may be required to declare that when next renewing your home insurance or seeking a quote from a different company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

I negotiated with the home insurers, they dropped the extra charge + 20% off so its very cheaper than last year :)

Advertisement