Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockanstockan 2016

Options
  • 08-04-2016 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Who's excited about this?!

First tranch of acts announced today; especially excited for Book Brass Band, the Eskies, and the Hot Sprockets!

Anyone venture a guess who the special guests will be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Absolutely cannot wait for this!
    Pretty sure I read the other day that they've the rest of the acts to announce before the end of this month..
    Special guests... I wonder!
    Special guests as in Jerry Fish, Cathy Davey.. those kinda Irish Acts? or something bigger/completely different!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just came up on my Facebook feed, Knockanstockan are announcing 50+ more acts this Friday coming.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Just bought a Sunday day ticket.
    Anyone know what the capacity is? I don't like big festivals (>5000 people).
    They will sell drink there, right?
    I'm planning on driving, is the carpark far away from the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

spacetweek wrote: »
    Just bought a Sunday day ticket.
    Anyone know what the capacity is? I don't like big festivals (>5000 people).
    They will sell drink there, right?
    I'm planning on driving, is the carpark far away from the venue?

Under 5000( afaik)
    Yes.
    Yes.they ran a shuttle bus from a nearby village last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

I could be wrong but I thought there was about 7500 people there last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

I could be wrong but I thought there was about 7500 people there last year?

Mmmm would have said about 6/7000 alright..

Anyone any ideas or guesses on the special guests? Now that we know the stage times, the special guests seem to have pretty good headline slots!

Girl Band please??
    And So I Watch You From Afar played a few years ago... Dunno if both of them are too big now..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

No talk about KS?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tard

Can you walk from the festival to any nearby shops for booze and the likes? The way you can at Picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think you can in Mitchellstown for the Indiependence festival and Stradbally for Electric Picnic, I don't know about Knockanstockan though.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Day tripped it on Sunday. Thoroughly enjoyed. Lovely vibe, beautiful friendly people, hot weather, gorgeous setting with the sun sparkling off the lake. Wonderful tunes and no queues for food or toilets. Even the gardai were having a great laugh. We had an inflatable sofa (laybag) and Jerry Fish came over and sat with us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement