Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Phone Call

Options
  • 08-04-2016 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,

We received a strange call today from a withheld number stating to be from Eir. They said our broadband was slow (which I already know lol) but when challenged to why they were calling they hung up. I take it this was one of those scam calls and not actually from Eir? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

dannyc1 wrote: »
    Hi,

We received a strange call today from a withheld number stating to be from Eir. They said our broadband was slow (which I already know lol) but when challenged to why they were calling they hung up. I take it this was one of those scam calls and not actually from Eir? Thanks.
    Hi dannyc1,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    We are aware of this scam at the minute, you can read more on this here http://support.eir.ie/article/phishingalert

-Pamela 

Advertisement