Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgraded from old xbox to new xbox - games on external drive help

Options
  • 08-04-2016 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

All my games for my old xbox one are on an external drive - will they work on my new xbox one if I plug in the External hard drive or do I need to download them all again?

Do I need to take my gamertag off my old console and put it on my new console?

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Danick wrote: »
    All my games for my old xbox one are on an external drive - will they work on my new xbox one if I plug in the External hard drive or do I need to download them all again?

Do I need to take my gamertag off my old console and put it on my new console?

Any help greatly appreciated

Games should all work and you should just be able to log in to the new console with the same gamertag without any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Wow - thanks a million - hoping to get the new one up and running tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

How do you upgrade from one Xbox One to another? They're all the same.

If you are signed into the account that owns the games on the external hard drive, you can play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Sorry my bad - its the newer style xbox one - all matt - I upgraded my old PS4 to the new PS4 (all matt) and it was a major ordeal - I had to download all the games again - so from what you guys are saying this should be a piece of cake in comparison.

Thanks

Advertisement