Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't wash your dirty laundry in public - Well now you can.

Options
  • 08-04-2016 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

I noticed today that one of these outdoor laundries has appeared in the car park of the new Tesco in Dundalk(beside the bottle banks/Tesco deliveries van park)
    Not quite ready to go yet but it will be soon i reckon.
    Looks to me though that it could be wide open to vandalism/high jinx.
    Prices seem to be good though.
    You can read more on the link provided.
    After many installations across continental Europe, Revolution machines have proven to be very successful in Ireland since their launch in 2013.

Revolution is a fully automated laundromat, for everything from weekly washing to the big stuff such as duvets and blankets. It’s also perfect for big users such as hotels and sports clubs.

The machines are open 24/7, suiting the thousands who work late. And when you’re open, shoppers can simply get a load going and then head into your store or service area for shopping, eating and relaxing.

Revolution needs no attendants. The machines offer 8kg & 18kg capacity loads and a dryer facility. Even the washing liquid dispenser is automated inside, so there’s no mess or fuss
    http://www.photo-me.ie/retailers/service-machines/revolution/

revolution_thumb.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Bad location i'd have thought. It looks like a bus shelter so would probably attract groups of teenagers loitering for cover. Not to mention being used as a toilet. You might arrive to the facility a lot cleaner than u leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

They are always quite busy in Drogheda , although I've never used them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

moonshadow wrote: »
    They are always quite busy in Drogheda , although I've never used them myself.

They have a big one suitable for big duvets

Drogheda has had one for a while. To be honest, no one hangs around it because it's in a used car park. If it was in the middle of nowhere it'd be destroyed i'd say, but because Tesco have security and there are always people coming and going, no one seems to go near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Drogheda has had one for a while. To be honest, no one hangs around it because it's in a used car park. If it was in the middle of nowhere it'd be destroyed i'd say, but because Tesco have security and there are always people coming and going, no one seems to go near them.

I agree re: Tesco security.Think their positioning of the one here in Dundalk is vulnerable though.
    There is a problem in this area already with a large number of youths creating trouble both in the Tesco car-park and at the adjacent McDonalds.
    A lot of people also use the path beside it as a quick shortcut to the Avenue Road area after leaving local night clubs.

Look at me getting all Victor Meldrew :pac:
    Be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

A lot of people also use the path beside it as a quick shortcut to the Avenue Road area after leaving local night clubs.

Yes its a thoroughfare of sorts and an odd choice of placement. Wouldn't it be better somewhere that had less foot traffic like up the Dublin road in one of the petrol stations like the egg machines or the parcel motel are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

In Drogheda at Tesco Extra and also at the Waterfront garage (ie. McDoanlds)

The one at Tesco always has a que, even at 11PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

sorry to hijack an old thread. Has anyone used this service. Just wondering how long it takes for the large drum

30 mins for both sizes.

is the dryer a similar time. thinking of washing all the duvets and pillows

• Advertisement

oh and can ya use yur own detergent

No I don't think so. Well, you could, but the machine would still automatically add it's own too.

more info > http://www.photo-me.ie/retailers/service-machines/revolution/

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    is the dryer a similar time. thinking of washing all the duvets and pillows
    Drying is 15 mins. You may or may not need more than one drying cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

You can set the dryer at 15, 30, 45 and 60 minutes at low, medium and high temperatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Scotty # wrote: »
    No I don't think so. Well, you could, but the machine would still automatically add it's own too.

more info > http://www.photo-me.ie/retailers/service-machines/revolution/

you have the option to use the detergent or not

Scotty # wrote: »
    Drying is 15 mins. You may or may not need more than one drying cycle.

yep, 15min for 2e, a full small wash takes 45min in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Cant believe how busy this laundry outlet has become since it opened in Dundalk.
    What is driving customers to use it? People are queuing up to use in Dundalk and judging by some of the replies here the same thing is happening at the one in Drogheda.
    Whats going on?? 🤔 :confused:

Cheaper and quicker than a laundrette in my experience.There's one at mcdonalds as well in drog. You have to wait for your clothes but can do shop or eat mcdonalds to make it more bearable!

I wouldn't queue mind, the wait is long enough without waiting for someone else's....

Theyre 24 hr yeah? I think ill call over early in the morning to the Tesco 1 with duvets and pillows. cheaper then buying new ones

• Advertisement

yeah theyre 24hr, generally empty before work and at night

Cant believe how busy this laundry outlet has become since it opened in Dundalk.
    What is driving customers to use it? People are queuing up to use in Dundalk and judging by some of the replies here the same thing is happening at the one in Drogheda.
    Whats going on?? �� :confused:

6 or 8 (domestic) loads of washing done in 1 hour! Even with a decent domestic machine you are talking 8 hours minimum! Very handy if you have a large family and busy lifestyle. The Mrs has used them several times for washing duvets.

I did a bit of travelling in the US about 10 years ago and these were a godsend! All my clothes washed and dried in 45 mins for about $5 iirc. In Vegas they have bays with like 50+ of them together. No queuing there :) They do them up to about 40kg too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

Any of these machines in South Dublin ?

As above, really handy. A lot of places seem to come with combo washer/driers now and the driers seem very underpowered and leave clothes in a state. No-one wants to do 2-3 loads of washing which will nearly always need a **** ton of ironing. Nip there, do your shopping have a bite to eat, done and clothes are easier to manage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The Square in Tallaght in the entrance to the multi-storey car park. Busy machines there too.

http://revolutionlaundry.ie/locations/

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

I went once to wash a duvet but the queue was 3 or 4 deep so i just headed for the laundrette.

quick question, if i throw my gear in and head off to do a shop what happens if i get held up and im 5/10 mins late back for my clothes? Are they just sitting there for anyone to take?

I know if id queued up for 30 mins and someone clothes were sitting there with no sign of an owner it wouldnt be too long before id be emptying them out on to the street!

What I've seen happen is they might move your clothes into an empty machine or a black bag. There's cctv so they won't steal it.

But you probably shouldn't be 10 min late if you're going to use this service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Is it just me or do these yokes always seem to be broken? No answer from the helpline after several attempts.

Great idea but this is the third time I've had an issue, previous times it didn't dry, on the hottest setting and ate all my change on another and wouldn't start.

Advertisement