Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an active line or way to get UAN To see what service is available?

Options
  • 08-04-2016 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I have just moved into a house I am renting. There is a phone line connection in the hall and I was given the old number the house used to have but when I hooked up a phone to check if there was a dial tone it was dead. I also checked on the Eir website to see what service I could get, but neither the old phone number nor address where recogniseable. Is there another way to check what service I can get, either fibre or standard broadband.

Thanks,

Jof.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If the number has been removed from the prequal database its either been moved out to Virgin etc or been dead for so long its been more than electronically disconnected.

Your best bet is getting your closest neighbors number and plonking it in here:
    http://business.digiweb.ie/linechecker/

That will give you a strong estimation of what should be available when a new line is provided. 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Excellent thanks. It seems the number has been recycled long ago alright. The problem we have also is, the landlord, the census, electric Ireland and eircode are giving us four different address for where we are so eir even found it hard to find the house. 

Will try what you suggested above. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Jofspring wrote: »
    Excellent thanks. It seems the number has been recycled long ago alright. The problem we have also is, the landlord, the census, electric Ireland and eircode are giving us four different address for where we are so eir even found it hard to find the house. 

Will try what you suggested above. 
    You can also try checking your address here Jofspringmore than likely by the sounds of it you will need to get a new line installed.

-Pamela

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

ED E wrote: »
    If the number has been removed from the prequal database its either been moved out to Virgin etc or been dead for so long its been more than electronically disconnected.

Your best bet is getting your closest neighbors number and plonking it in here:
    http://business.digiweb.ie/linechecker/

That will give you a strong estimation of what should be available when a new line is provided. 
    Thanks ED E :)

-Pamela 

Advertisement