Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please!!

Options
  • 09-04-2016 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for help re my HP Pavilion g series laptop. The problem is that some of the keys on the keypad are "refusing to work".

The list includes but not limited to B T Y Z X 5 and the space bar in addition to the pointer. I have used compressed air spray to clean the keypad, have checked the hard drive to check space (there's plenty).

Also checked I have the current drivers for the laptop.

I'm currently using a wireless keyboard in conjunction with the laptop but it's unwieldy as you can imagine!

Any help/thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wowbagger wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking for help re my HP Pavilion g series laptop. The problem is that some of the keys on the keypad are "refusing to work".

The list includes but not limited to B T Y Z X 5 and the space bar in addition to the pointer. I have used compressed air spray to clean the keypad, have checked the hard drive to check space (there's plenty).

Also checked I have the current drivers for the laptop.

I'm currently using a wireless keyboard in conjunction with the laptop but it's unwieldy as you can imagine!

Any help/thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

W

Get a replacement and fit.
    I have done so to my Acer.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Wowbagger

Thanks for the reply! Can I ask is it easily fitted (big fingers here):p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Laptop keyboards wear out, sorry. I have had to have mine replaced on five or six occasions, and the first symptoms are usually exactly what you describe. No, they are usually not easily fitted, but any competent PC repair service can do it because they have the proper tools and experience. It needn't cost much unless they need to order the keyboard from America (like the local repair service did for my American HP netbook).

Ta very much. I was kind of thinking that way. Nice to have confirmation.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Thanks for the reply! Can I ask is it easily fitted (big fingers here):p

I recently changed one on a Hp pavilion g6 1000 series

Its easy 60 second job
    Lossen two screws and remove main back panel
    There is one screw holding keyboard in remove it
    Pull out keyboard clips and remove
    remove ribbon cable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Keplar240B wrote: »

Its easy 60 second job
    remove ribbon cable
    Awesome, I know other laptops (including my netbook) are difficult to repair. Maybe the Pavilions are deliberately designed to be easier to fix because they're used so much by corporations (I had two in my old job).

Many thanks to all of you for your replies. I knew I would get answers here. :)

W

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Many thanks to all of you for your replies. I knew I would get answers here. :)

W

I've had this happen on a few dell laptops, just Google how to remove the keyboard, usually just 2 screws. Reseat the connector and the problem is normally solved. Had to do it only yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Keplar240B wrote: »

Its easy 60 second job
    remove ribbon cable

Stolen batch of computers with changed keyboards for a different country? That looked like an assembly line job,

Many thanks to all of you gents/ladies for your advice and help with my problem. I ordered the part and managed to change it successfully!!

Thank you all

• Advertisement
Advertisement