Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dirtbike reliability

• 09-04-2016 4:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Hi I am interested in getting a dirtbike and have a few questions?
    How reliable are they in general I am looking at a 250 4 stroke i understand that cleaning the filter after every ride and changing oil and oil filter every 5-10hours is ur basic maintenance.
    I am not mechanically minded and am new to motorbikes so know near to nothing about them.
    Anybody know any reputable motorbike mechanic in Mayo area I could bring the dirtbike to service and check for any problems any 10hours to keep the bike in good shape?
    Also would you recommend a 250 2 stroke over a 4 stroke thumper?
    Thanks

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Avoid any Chinese bikes, even if very cheap and brand new.

Make sure it's from one of the Japanese Big Four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What do you want to do on it?
    You could do a lot worse than one of these for a bit of light off road and also use use it on road.
    Great little bike!
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/11898396
    Motorbike Yamaha (XT 225)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Ended up getting a Kawasaki kx250f

Advertisement