Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to study in Limerick

• 09-04-2016 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Hoping someone here can help me out. I am looking for somewhere in Limerick where I can go and study for a fee hours each day next week? I'm not in LIT or UL so don't think I can use their libraries. Does anyone know is there desks in The Granery? Any other suggestions would be great!

Comments

Skuxx wrote: »
    Hi All,

Hoping someone here can help me out. I am looking for somewhere in Limerick where I can go and study for a fee hours each day next week? I'm not in LIT or UL so don't think I can use their libraries. Does anyone know is there desks in The Granery? Any other suggestions would be great!

I think anyone can use the libraries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Skuxx wrote: »
    Hi All,

A number of people studying in the Library in Watch House Cross this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

I think anyone can use the libraries.

No, access to the UL library is by valid student card only. There are card scanners just inside the main door. You need to scan your card to get through the barriers and they are constantly monitored by security.

The City library can get very loud at times too.

Bicycle wrote: »
    No, access to the UL library is by valid student card only. There are card scanners just inside the main door. You need to scan your card to get through the barriers and they are constantly monitored by security.

The City library can get very loud at times too.

Oh right. Things have changed so since I last stepped foot in a college/university library (many years ago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

I think LIT library should be fine....

Also what about the library in dooradoyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I've gone to the library in the granary a lot for studying and there haven't been too many issues.

The library in the crescent could be an option too. it's very quiet out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Oh right. Things have changed so since I last stepped foot in a college/university library (many years ago).

Not only that but there are computerised take out and return machines. The take out machines scan the books and you just put one on top of another.

The return machines are like computerised letterboxes with conveyor belts.

The changes in the library between the current course I'm doing and the last course I did a few years ago are phenomenal. They are also starting the extension to the library as well.

The only other suggestion to the OP would be to head out to UL and find a corner somewhere other than the library. The coming week is Week 11 so people are getting their heads down everywhere. Reading week is Week 13. Exams begin the following week.

Someone sitting in one of the restaurants with a coffee or in a corner in some of the seating areas will not look out of place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Thanks for the replies everyone! Think I'll try the Granary tomorrow and see how I get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pipercadet

Best to avoid this library as I used to go there often as It's close by. I've been to pubs during a rugby game quieter than this place. It's turned into a playground with parents oblivious to their kids noise and running around. People taking phone calls and having full conversations without any sort of regard. The staff their don't seem to care with one staff member in particular encouraging loud conversations. It's really just an extension for the Crescent Comprehensive and a creche of sorts and not a library for the patient public.

The city library is a better bet especially if its just to read a book downstairs.

Advertisement